Fishfinder info

Getting ready to purchase a new F/F. My Sitex is ready for retirement.

Looking at the Raymarine ds600x,

Anybody use these, looking for feedback good/bad on the unit before I pull the pin

and make the purchase.

Thanks,

Brian

They had a lot of problems when they first came out. Since corrected. Three units burned up in my marina the first year. Consumer Marine Electronics has a closeout on Lowrance LCX series, good prices. I bought a Lcx-37c last year and love it. A friend bought the new 8" Sitex and although it works fine, the screen is quite dark and very hard to see unless you have your nose on the glass. Its hard to beat the screen on Lowrance, their transducers need improvement. They loose power after a couple seasons.My $.02

Call Kevin Jerge (he runs the Wilson Boat House Marina) at 716-863-1001. He has some that he is blowing out due to the fact Raymarine is discontinuing the unit. Regardless, there is still a 2 year warranty on it unlike the 1yr Lowrance warranty. I have the DS500x and FLXTroutman has the DS400x and I have had no REAL complaints. There was some moisture behind the screen that would burn off during late morning. This was fixed from my understanding. Mine was an outside unit on the flybridge. So it took some more weathering than most will. I think the picture was great, and the side by side dual beam image is a great feature. In my opinion the two top FF companies out there are Furuno and Raymarine for what we do on the lake. If you want to go Lowrance to get the power you really need you have to step into the higher end models. That being said I am not a FF guru. Kevin Jerge is and he can help you with any questions you may have.

Hi Rick,

I miss my DSX 400, I sold mine with my old boat, the color screen, the power, dual frequency, it is a good unit,

the 400 screen is a little small, so I am sure you would be happy with a 6" screen with the 600. FWIW I do believe the Raymarines are digital screens with good definition. I am running older Lowrance LMS 480 (circa 2000?) with a B/W screen,