Spoon storage

I have a bunch of the spoon pads from Amish outfitters like the ones above. They are okay but I must say that if you are dealing with space issues these are not exactly small. We went that way and after 1 year we went back to special mate boxes. Too much hassle with the pads for us. We have two big special mates then a small one that holds about 40 spoons that we take on the boat with us
Far better in our opinion for small space considerations but again everyone has a preference

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Thanks 1

I looked back. I bought mine from Doug (Dhm) here on Lou. Might want to send him a pm I am really happy with mine. So small and handy
If you go with spoon pads make sure you know the size you are buying and figure out where you are going to hang/store them as for us that created a problem of its own

• Like 1

I ordered one of Big Al's small spoon pads. I am only using the scorpion size spoons right now so should be able to fit plenty on that pad. We will see how it works and can always go a different route next year or if I start using bigger spoons. Thanks for the help!

I looked back. I bought mine from Doug (Dhm) here on Lou. Might want to send him a pm I am really happy with mine. So small and handy
If you go with spoon pads make sure you know the size you are buying and figure out where you are going to hang/store them as for us that created a problem of its own

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a bunch of the spoon pads from Amish outfitters like the ones above. They are okay but I must say that if you are dealing with space issues these are not exactly small. We went that way and after 1 year we went back to special mate boxes. Too much hassle with the pads for us. We have two big special mates then a small one that holds about 40 spoons that we take on the boat with us

Far better in our opinion for small space considerations but again everyone has a preference

But when 5 pads fit in the canvas bag it is far less space than the boxes it’s like an oversized briefcase or super slim suitcase and can be stored leaning up against the hull and not take up valuable floor space

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...