Hemlock canadice and honeoye pickerel

There are good fish of various species in both of those lakes but neither lake is easy to catch them consistently (trout or warm water species) They don't readily give up their fish and the learning curve is pretty gradual for even the very experienced folks.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:48 PM, trouthunter24 said:
3 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

There are good fish of various species in both of those lakes but neither lake is easy to catch them consistently (trout or warm water species) They don't readily give up their fish and the learning curve is pretty gradual for even the very experienced folks.

I mean the least amount of people fish for them, i catch and release, and am willing to share where to go for big pike and another spot for a lot of them

i used to troll the shoreline, depending on time of yr there used to be a inside and a outside weedline, any how follow the weedline, i used to use northern king 28 silver hammered finish with a piece of green tape on it.  we used to catch 6 lb plus pickerel (not walleye encase any one is from canada) ... however i was up on the lake a yr or 2 ago and noticed a huge difference in the shoreline weeds. zebra muscles have invaded one of our most pristine lakes. years ago most of us where very careful about the enviroment on the lake. since then though the lake has been invaded by kayakers.. and then the zebra muscles came.. while i am not blaming them ,  i am stating what i saw happen...  any how back to big pickerel, just flat line troll about 2.4 mph , black and silver jointed rapallas in a larger size are also a tried and true lure.. good luck

On 8/7/2020 at 10:48 PM, trouthunter24 said:didn't see this sorry late reply

4lbs is an absolute giant in either lake. 

anyone caught anything over 2lbs ? 

biggest chains on live minnow off deep water close to weed lines i mean close . mid lake on Hemlock is best....good luck 

Are they there year round like during ice season or jus

9 minutes ago, gobyslayer said:

i used to troll the shoreline, depending on time of yr there used to be a inside and a outside weedline, any how follow the weedline, i used to use northern king 28 silver hammered finish with a piece of green tape on it.  we used to catch 6 lb plus pickerel (not walleye encase any one is from canada) ... however i was up on the lake a yr or 2 ago and noticed a huge difference in the shoreline weeds. zebra muscles have invaded one of our most pristine lakes. years ago most of us where very careful about the enviroment on the lake. since then though the lake has been invaded by kayakers.. and then the zebra muscles came.. while i am not blaming them ,  i am stating what i saw happen...  any how back to big pickerel, just flat line troll about 2.4 mph , black and silver jointed rapallas in a larger size are also a tried and true lure.. good luck

So the weedline midlake 

unfortunately i dont have any pics, i used to bring my kids there and catch them. my youngest is 31 know , so been some years. they used to be huge. i always thought a state record would come out of hemlock lake.. the lake used to have the sides with weeds all the way down the lake i noticed last trip less weeds. they pickerel would hang there to ambush there prey... i do almost exclusive catch and release know as i have watched our fisheries decline... i am hoping that if enough of us do this some day our fisheries will come back to there glory. there is also some great trout and salmon fishing on hemlock. i have a cottage on the st lawrence river in the 1000 islands so dont fish hemlock to often any more even though i am just down the road in rush ny.. i may get there yet this fall for the last trip of the year before i put my little 14 ft boat away for the year. last trip i saw a lot of nice 14 ft boats with some really nice set ups on the lake... awesome place

On 8/7/2020 at 10:48 PM, trouthunter24 said:

didn't see this sorry late reply

4lbs is an absolute giant in either lake. 

anyone caught anything over 2lbs ? 

biggest chains on live minnow off deep water close to weed lines i mean close . mid lake on Hemlock is best....good luck 

Are they there year round and on east or west side

• 11 months later...