Where is the "Shelf" on Lake Ontario?

I keep hearing chatter on the Ship to Shore radio channel 9 about charters heading for the Shelf. 

Where is the Shelf? Where is it in relation to the Stony Point Light House.  I just recently found out that Os or Oz means Oswego. 

Thanks for helping helping a new guy.

K

I keep hearing chatter on the Ship to Shore radio channel 9 about charters heading for the Shelf. 

Where is the Shelf? Where is it in relation to the Stony Point Light House.  I just recently found out that Os or Oz means Oswego. 

K

Maybe you mean “ the wall”. It’s in the shipping lanes between Gallo Is. and main Duck Is. long run. You can find it on your gps if you pan out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, Keith K said:

K

I think this will vary with person to person. There’s a shelf out straight from Mexico point toward Oswego. There’s also a long shelf up by Henderson harbor that guys fish Lakers for.

I think this will vary with person to person. There’s a shelf out straight from Mexico point toward Oswego. There’s also a long shelf up by Henderson harbor that guys fish Lakers for.

That’s what the charter captains and veterans from Henderson call “ the wall”. It’s been called that for years

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United