Where to fish this weekend?

I am taking my father in-law fishing this weekend to celebrate his retirement and I am trying ti figure out where to go? We did Cayuga last weekend and conditions were tough With the stained water and flees.  I put on 200 feet of 30lb andes mono on all 4 rods in the event we go back.  

I have had some luck out of woodville at the Canandaigua south end but I am considering mixing it up and try it the north end since I have never fished there.

all suggestions appreciated.. 

I live here near the lake and within 5 minutes of the launch at the north end. Right now this place is totally insane at the lake. The north end launch is loaded up, the pier and beach is full of folks from early AM now (most without masks) the entire north end is a sea of boats (partying etc.) and if a storm or some reason to get off the pond early comes up....good luck it can be more than an hour getting your boat out unless you are first in line. My boat is sitting right outside the garage and ready to fish but the north end of Canandaigua right now would be my last choice of any lake on Earth. If you do go Woodville would be the choice and fishing is better at that end of the lake in general this time of year anyway and with less boat traffic.:smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Lake Ontario

As of now is light southwest wind both Saturday and Sunday. If that continues to hold it’s a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That is my choice too .....just don't launch at the town dock at Sodus Point if you value your boat. I was there a few days ago in a buddy's boat and the new dock (the dock itself is beautiful material-wise) but it was installed by people who apparently have never boated or fished from the looks of it. There is a railing at the front along side the dock that prevents you from easily holding on to ropes while boat is coming off the trailer etc. and the dock is many feet in the air away from the water so it is VERY difficult to get in and out of a boat (nearly need a ladder to board or exit from boat) and if wind is from the east or southeast you'll need onshore help coming in at the dock (regardless of number of folks in the boat). I kid you not. In all the years I  have boated fresh and salt water this is the most screwed up I've ever seen a launch site. I know this sounds like a rant but it should be taken as a warning as somebody's boat could really get messed up there.The dock was installed way too high and probably should have been a "floater"

Edited by Sk8man
  • Thanks 1

Glad I’m not the only who noticed how terrible that dock is. Just think the water is higher than normal right now. When we get a low water year it will be completely useless. Only problem is I don’t know any other places to launch up there. 

I would stick with the south end of canandaigua for the reasons Sk8man mentioned and the fishing has been pretty good down there. 

• Thanks 1