The Flag

Ain't my kids out in the street burning buildings ,looting,  throwing bricks , jumping on cars or fighting with the police , etc .  

We have all ways had a peacefull transition of power when we have presidential elections . Didn't happen this last time . 

I told my wife after the Russia hoax and Impeachment failure that the Dems were going to make it the biggest **** storm possible before the election . 

And here we are . 

Things like Seattle and Portland and New York City can’t be allowed. Defunding the police is not the answer.

The murder of George Floyd is inexcusable but needs to be handled in the justice system. To label all police as bad is no more acceptable than to name a race as bad. This country was built and it’s future depends on law, order and justice. In the mean time, kindness and forgiveness need to set the tone.

I will break bread or share a boat with anyone. I condemn nobody based on their beliefs. It’s ones actions that determine ones value to me.

Bottom line though, take my stuff or break my stuff, god forbid harm or disrespect my family, there are consequences. The lack of these consequences are what have brought us to where we stand today.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 3

3 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Looting, destroying property, maybe your kids, certainly not mine.

You betcha. Mine's out of the house now but if he was doing those things I'd hunt him down and set him straight.

13 hours ago, HB2 said:

Ain't my kids out in the street burning buildings ,looting,  throwing bricks , jumping on cars or fighting with the police , etc .  

Which is an example of what I was saying not all kids.....

This current situation is not a political one per se. it is a cultural one that has been brought to a head.

The situation is highly complex because many of the issues have been "festering" as a cultural undercurrent for a very long time and there are not quick easy solutions to them .

The problem I have is that too many things are being thrown in the pot which is being heavily stirred by folks with varying agendas. On top of this is the anarchists making their statement, and the opportunists (e.g. looters) taking advantage of the chaos and creating more where it suits their purposes.

The spark to this current flame up is the inappropriate use of lethal force by police and the issue is a legitimate one, but the reactions have been all over the map and in large part non-productive in terms of corrective action for that particular issue. It is obvious that when folks are shot in the back while running, and police holding down someone and placing their knee on their neck those actions just by themselves say that some police are not being properly trained; and especially so with regard to the use of lethal force, and the use of physical intervention measures. (you never place a knee on someone's neck). There are physical techniques that can be used  safely to prevent physical escalations and choke holds are not part of that scenario.  I was trained as a military policeman (as well as training hundreds of staff in crisis intervention procedures including physical interventions later on) and it was drummed into our heads repeatedly that deadly force was to be used ONLY as a last resort when all other measures have either been tried and failed (or impossible to carry out), or others are in immediate life threatening danger, or your own life is in immediate danger. It is not "optional" and certainly not to be used with unarmed people running away or unarmed people resisting arrest. If someone is either shot or killed where that standard is not applied then we would be subject to legal standards appropriate to the situation including manslaughter or murder charges. We fully understood that going into any situation and it always guided our actions no matter how stressful. This guidance is missing from some current situations, procedures, and actions and necessary accountabiity is being thwarted by unions and others protecting their "turf". I am fully supportive of law enforcement and the need to keep order and hold those people accountable for their actions (looters, anarchists, arsonists etc.) but accountability goes both ways.

I apologize for the fact that this isn't about fishing but it has been on my mind for awhile.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

It stopped being about George 3 days after it happened 

It's all political now and there are some they are trying to take over the country . 

Question 

Where are all the white supremacist groups and people that we hear are so prevalent in American society ? 

Another media hoax 

But when I turn on the news I do see a lot of racism 

Anyone that wants to call me a racist can shove that accusations . 

I  won't be intimidated by that 

2 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Consider a Soviet, Chinese or Nazi flag. With them no comments would be allowed.

This is where we are headed. It is funny though, when you think about the anarchists in these big cities and their little "islands of freedom"; the first thing they do is put up a wall and check IDs to enter. And never, ever disagree with any of their ideas, you are, in their eyes either too stupid or a racist if you do. I am probably both. 

10 hours ago, thumbburn said:

If you don’t like this country get out... i will buy your gas to the borderemoji1148.png

Most people who do not like this country live in other countries. There are a lot of people who like this country but they do not like the way in which it is currently going. You may interpret that as not liking the country. Just remember that the land of the free means that everybody's opinion about how this country should go forward is equally valid.

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, thumbburn said:

4.5 million gun sales since March.... there is our silent majority... wonder who they vote foremoji106.png

4.5 millions gun buyers in a country of over 300 million people seems like a pitiful minority to me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rolmops said:

Most people who do not like this country live in other countries. There are are lot of people who like this country but they do not like the way in which it is currently going. You may interpret that as not liking the country. Just remember that the land of the free means that everybody's opinion about how this country should go forward is equally valid.

Actually , that is not true . There are a lot of people in this country that dont like it . Some from other countries, and have been elected,  that have come here , hate us , and are trying to change our country to their way of thinking . We are the richest most powerful nation in the world , so why wouldn't they want to come here and take over . 

4.5 million gun "buyers " is different from gun " owners " 

How many of the inner city shootings are done with legal , registered hand guns ? 

And many of the libs want to take your legal firearms away . 

With less police and no firearms , you are at the thugs mercy . And I feel it just what those libs want . Proof  of that is they are letting the thuggery and lawlessness go unchecked and some have outright encouraged it . 

All this statue tumbling and rioting is serving message , and many have said as much , they no longer want to live by the constitution . 

4 hours ago, HB2 said:

It stopped being about George 3 days after it happened 

It's all political now and there are some they are trying to take over the country . 

Question 

Where are all the white supremacist groups and people that we hear are so prevalent in American society ? 

Another media hoax 

But when I turn on the news I do see a lot of racism 

Anyone that wants to call me a racist can shove that accusations . 

I  won't be intimidated by that 

I wish more people would understand this!  Media is biased and manipulating people into their biased agenda.  I am all for freedom of speech and press but this is getting out of hand!  

The constitution was written to protect us against what is transpiring right now.... i don’t care if you got a gun that shoots 100 bullets or 1..... without PROPER law enforcement.. break into my house or rob me or my family that I worked hard to achieve..... you get what you asked for.... period...

35 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

I wish more people would understand this!  Media is biased and manipulating people into their biased agenda.  I am all for freedom of speech and press but this is getting out of hand!  

And that goes all along the spectrum . Breitbart on the right end and Fox as the cheerleader of our current president then on to the center where you will find ABC and veering to the left is MSNBC. It is sad that Breitbart  and FOX are presenting opinion as news while the mainstream media at least still have news cast and apart from that opinion while trying to keep them in their separate boxes.While everybody is cherry picking the news So what to do? I listen to the BBC and NPR.  If you think that those are left wing propaganda you are in danger of falling of the right end . By the way. The purpose of "News Shows" is not to inform you. It is to entertain you and give you cheap thrills, while all the time trying to sell you coca cola or mattresses or whatever other thing that helps them make money

2 minutes ago, rolmops said:

And that goes all along the spectrum . Breitbart on the right end and Fox as the cheerleader of our current president then on to the center where you will find ABC and veering to the left is MSNBC. It is sad that Breitbart  and FOX are presenting opinion as news while the mainstream media at least still have news cast and apart from that opinion while trying to keep them in their separate boxes.While everybody is cherry picking the news So what to do? I listen to the BBC and NPR.  If you think that those are left wing propaganda you are in danger of falling of the right end . By the way. The purpose of "News Shows" is not to inform you. It is to entertain you and give you cheap thrills, while all the time trying to sell you coca cola or mattresses or whatever other thing that helps them make money

I read news from all the outlets and then research for myself.  CNN lost 100% credibility with me during the impeachment hearings.  Every time the Republicans would question the witnesses, CNN would move to another story.  As soon as the Democrats were back to questioning, they would return to the hearings.  Showing half the story (what you want your viewers to believe) is BS.  People need to research for themselves before they form an opinion.  It takes time and most are too lazy.

The two party system no longer works; both parties are totally out of it when it comes to representing the best interest of the United states and its population. Politicians on both of these dysfunctional entities are mostly self-serving, corrupt, and dedicated to propelling their own careers and managing their "perks". Moderates are a thing of the past or those left an "endangered species". Government is totally polarized and inept.. A strong third party is needed along with the outlawing of lobbying and making it a felony for both the politician or a lobbyist to exert influence on the process via money or perks. None of the news channels or the newspapers are reporting accurate unbiased facts....it is all slanted. The Wall Street Journal has the best writing and most objective editorials in it but how many people read it?  How many folks in the U.S. know much about history, or geography anymore including our own  President? We have a lot of things to improve on and to wake up to in this nation, but it is still the best alternative on the globe.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fisherdude said:

Is Spectrum news Rochester a far-left news Channel? They are saying protest this weekend and will try to shut down l 490 .

Sent from my SM-A102U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Spectrum news is not far left or right , nor do they have an opinion. They just bring the news. They are owned by spectrum and the company makes money by piping internet, telephone and tv into your house.They are careful not to loose customers. So they are deliberately neutral while leaning toward the public opinion that attracts the most customers.