lowrance transducer location help?

line guy

need some tips on install of hook 2 split shot ducer. My existing one doesn't read great at speed and will be replaceing with new fishfinder. pics are of old transducer from elite 4 unit. What map card are guys running in these units? Fishing main lake and 1000 island areas

20200713_174538.jpg

20200713_173121.jpg

20200713_173129.jpg

20200713_173206.jpg

20200713_173722 (1).jpg

Edited by line guy
pics

Might want to get a transom transducer mounting plate (plastic) and then you can move around the transducer to find optimal spot.

Not easy to see with the white background but is an example.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/transducer-mounting-plate

Edited by Sk8man

Might want to get a transom transducer mounting plate (plastic) and then you can move around the transducer to find optimal spot.
Not easy to see with the white background but is an example.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/transducer-mounting-plate
I 2nd and 3rd that... I've had one on every boat I've owned. I attached mine with 3m marine adhesive..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The height looks good. It looks like there is a row of rivets in front of your transducer what will cause interference. I would go with the other suggestions and put a transducer mounting plate on it and move it so that there's nothing in front of it it. Good luck.

Ramel

The height looks good. It looks like there is a row of rivets in front of your transducer what will cause interference. I would go with the other suggestions and put a transducer mounting plate on it and move it so that there's nothing in front of it it. Good luck.
Ramel
And if there are rivets in the location that you want to mounting plate on, you can dimple the back of the plate and use a fair amount of 3m adhesive

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Going to mount a plate, and put the TD on it. The 2 or 3 rivets on bottom of hull are going to be in front of TD shouldn't cause to many bubbles. Thanks for the suggestions.

20200713_173206.jpg

20200713_173744.jpg

Edited by line guy
Pics