new to this salmon fishing ! im going out of sandy creek tomorrow morning any tips on depths and presentation leader length's ! running a small 17' open bow with 2 riggers 2 #1 dipsy's on #3 setting and one 7 color lead core . any tips would help ,

i was thinking of running a spread from 50' down to 100' starting in a 120' of water! all i have is spoons f/f rigs and j-plugs, no fish hawk ans crappy old school fish finder lol

Edited by Brianz

Sounds like you have a plan all setup only thing I would change is starts point, I would setup in 60 and troll north til you get but which could be between 60-100fow, we played 105 all day Saturday and had a pretty steady bite from the to the nose

Yep sounds like you got a good idea of your plan. Also I would just play with your speed a lot til you find what they want. Bite is hot right now so you should find some action.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

5 minutes ago, Brianz said:

Any hot colors for spoons or f/f rigs ?? How far off the ball do you guys usually go with f/f and spoons ? Same with dipsy’s how much of a leader ??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Anything with Green Dots has been killing it, carbons early and then green dots and uv as sun gets higher. We have been keeping leads short off riggers like less than 15’, f/f has been a 3-6’ leader 

Edited by Sea-IV

4 hours ago, Sea-IV said:

Anything with Green Dots has been killing it, carbons early and then green dots and uv as sun gets higher. We have been keeping leads short off riggers like less than 15’, f/f has been a 3-6’ leader 

Sea-IV: Could you provide a description on the carbon spoons. Are they the carbon 14 with the glow back and black front with glow dot? Also seen a reference to a carbon spoon with an orange ladder back, Glad you guys are doing well. Hope to get there next week if the governor doesn't ban travelers from Ohio.Thanks.

4 hours ago, Brianz said:

when you say leader is that from flasher to fly or ball to flasher ! i have been told from flasher to fly to keep it from 20" to the most 30" . do you guys use anything with your spoons like dodgers ??

Ok from the rigger ball back I like to keep my leads short, no more than 20’ but as little as 5’ back from ball. Now for flasher fly leads it depends on what they want, sometimes I run the fly 24” back from flasher others I run 16” but rule of thumb for me is twice the length of the flasher, so an 8” flasher I have a 16” lead to my fly and so on

29 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

Sea-IV: Could you provide a description on the carbon spoons. Are they the carbon 14 with the glow back and black front with glow dot? Also seen a reference to a carbon spoon with an orange ladder back, Glad you guys are doing well. Hope to get there next week if the governor doesn't ban travelers from Ohio.Thanks.

C971E524-8CFD-49DB-A1F7-A19017C144C3.png