Owasco Rainbows??

Owasco lake sure doesn’t want to give up any of those silver bullets to me that’s for sure.

I have spent a lot of time trolling Owasco over the last 5 years or so and do very well with the Lake Trout (I imagine everyone does well with these guys) but have only hooked 2 Rainbows. One dumped at the back of the boat and they other was about 15” long.

My question for the experts though: the last few trips out we have seen incredible activity between 30-50 foot over 90-120 fow. I assume those are Rainbows traveling the thermocline. For some reason, we cannot get them to bite anything. Tried every spoon imaginable. Countless stick baits, varying speeds, directions, winds....you name it. I am just not sure what I am doing wrong. Last Sunday we ran dipseys deep for the Lakers and ran 2 riggers both with fixed cheaters. It must have looked like a Bass Pro Shops aisle down there and we couldn’t get anything to pop a rigger. Lakers were non stop but I just can’t figure out the Rainbows there.

Anyone have any advise on a different approach that might work? The mighty google doesn’t have much information for trolling lake Rainbows. More about stocked ponds and streams than anything.

Thanks All!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app