LOC 2020 Browns

7 minutes ago, gonefishing71 said:

looking at the LOC Brown trout leader board, better than half are from the Rochester area

is it just better brown trout fishing to the west? or just more people fishing for browns to the west?

just curious 

The Rochester basin is an amazing brown fishery every year!  IMO, there isn't a better summer brown fishery than the Monroe County waters on Lake Ontario.  Look at the past three years in the summer LOC.  The Rochester basin has dominated the leaderboard.  

• Like 1

I think the best brown trout waters is from Ginna in Wayne county all the way to Sodus Point, I believe the reason so may Browns are on the board is due to more people fish out of Monroe county .... We still got a couple weeks to go ...

16 hours ago, woody 184 said:

I think the best brown trout waters is from Ginna in Wayne county all the way to Sodus Point, I believe the reason so may Browns are on the board is due to more people fish out of Monroe county .... We still got a couple weeks to go ...

I would challenge this statement.  Monroe County is under promoted and does not have a huge fleet of boats.  Ever see any advertisement for Monroe County fishing?  Wayne County Tourism does a great job of promoting the fishery.  Monroe County could care less about the fishery.  Sandy is a tiny port now that the one marina is closed, Ibay doesn't have a lot of guys compared to the years the Newport House was open, Braddocks has a handful of regulars and the River has a decent charter fleet.  I would be willing to bet Sodus Bay, Hughes, Pultneyville has pretty close to the same number of fishing boats than Monroe county.  With Wrights Marina closed in Oswego, there has been a bunch of captains and rec anglers that migrated to Sodus and Hughes this season too.  Monroe County waters are also stocked with 106,879 Browns compared to 48,720 browns (2018 stocking data).  

Brian I couldn’t agree more , Chris Kenyon in Wayne County has done a phenomenal job with tourism, but they know that is a huge part of putting money in everyone’s pocket, I don’t understand why Monroe County doesn’t do a better job with that the fishing from Webster to sandy creek is really good just a shame....

31 minutes ago, woody 184 said:

Brian I couldn’t agree more , Chris Kenyon in Wayne County has done a phenomenal job with tourism, but they know that is a huge part of putting money in everyone’s pocket, I don’t understand why Monroe County doesn’t do a better job with that the fishing from Webster to sandy creek is really good just a shame....

Niagara, Orleans, Wayne, Oswego and Jefferson counties promote the hell out of the fishery.  Monroe County could care less.  It sucks for the Charter guys in Monroe County.  They have a huge resource in their backyard and could get more tourism but the county falls flat on their faces with the fishery.