Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My dad and I had some bad luck with our last boat, endless problems year after year and this year the 150 Merc went for a crap (oil injectors went faulty, alarm and shutdown system failed). We upgraded to a 2003 TROPHY 2509 WA with twin 150 Mercs and rigged for fishing. Boat is in Whitby and we will most likely be getting a slip there as well. Since I've been out of the action for a couple years I was wondering what the latest reports were like from anyone doing a bit of salmon fishing out from the Pickering/Whitby/Bowmanville areas? Excited to get back out on the water! Any tips would be great. Good luck on the water.

I see about 144 views but no responses, so I decided to respond to my own post in case people are interested in reading. I asked around a bunch of boats in the area and most seem to be having a lot of success on both the Kings and the Steelhead right now. Nothing gigantic out Whitby way from what I can tell but steady fishing which is good. Both Riggers and wire line seem to be working behind a dreamweaver spin doctor doctor and a spoon following a twinkie rig, some where fishing cut bait as well. Started early in about 60-70 feet of water and worked out to deep water. The water temp and bait location seem to be changing a bit so if you find that you should be into the fish.

I've had success in the past out in the blue water this time of year. I'm hoping to have the boat in the water this weekend and I'll let you know how it goes. If nothing else I'll wash some lures.

• Like 2

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Last two days have been slow, last week was on fire. The rain seemed to cool down the water and the fish have moved. Heard reports that they are out deeper now, but I haven’t seemed to find them

Yeah that doesn't surprise me, that's usually the case this time of year. I will let you know how the blue water fishing goes. I'll try my luck out there.

How did you make out?

Just got the boat into the slip today. A few finishing touches tomorrow and I'll be good to go. If the wind is right I will head out tomorrow afternoon/evening. Stay tuned!

Wind was up today from the South-West. Way to rough to be out there this afternoon for me. I got some more work done on the boat but didn't go out. Will try again tomorrow after work.

Okay so, yesterday was the first morning out. Rollers were rough on the back but it wasn't too bad. Fished mostly in the 70' - 130' range with little success. Two riggers and two wire lines. Went out again this morning, nice and calm so we headed out to around 280' and trolled out to 375' of water. South-south East of Whitby. It was still a slow start but we came onto some good rainbow action at around 10:00 in the 300' + waters. Magic colours seemed to be anything with a lot of speckled bright colour to it. "Wonderbread" on a cheater line was working great as they were up close to surface. Still trying to find the kings, must be a tourney this weekend because a lot of boats are pre-fishing from out of town. Saw a couple boats from St. Catherines. Anyway, here is a picture of a nice rainbow, I'll let you know when I find the big kings.

IMG_0426 (1).jpg

wonderbread.jpg

Okay so, yesterday was the first morning out. Rollers were rough on the back but it wasn't too bad. Fished mostly in the 70' - 130' range with little success. Two riggers and two wire lines. Went out again this morning, nice and calm so we headed out to around 280' and trolled out to 375' of water. South-south East of Whitby. It was still a slow start but we came onto some good rainbow action at around 10:00 in the 300' + waters. Magic colours seemed to be anything with a lot of speckled bright colour to it. "Wonderbread" on a cheater line was working great as they were up close to surface. Still trying to find the kings, must be a tourney this weekend because a lot of boats are pre-fishing from out of town. Saw a couple boats from St. Catherines. Anyway, here is a picture of a nice rainbow, I'll let you know when I find the big kings.

1148606277_IMG_0426(1).thumb.jpg.ebf910577ddc9b5f06e3bc6ecb1c7fe9.jpg
wonderbread.thumb.jpg.43ad50db73a75d17d7b579d746c17ceb.jpg

Thanks for report.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Latest report:...

Went out yesterday from Whitby and headed Westward in about 80-100 ft for the first couple hours of daylight. No action so I headed out to 200' and had no success out there. I was roughly south of Ajax/Pickering at that time. Got skunked =( However the good part was I had the girls (two daughters and my wife) out for a few hours and they had fun boating around, so overall still a great day. Just wish I had a couple fish for them to reel in.

Today, I started in about 60' of water and worked the 60-80' range just East of Whitby. Saw a bit of bait fish and a few hooks but no action. I decided after about 2 hours to head back out to 370' of water due South of Whitby. Hooked 4 nice Rainbows, 2 on cheaters with the wonderbread lure and two on the dipsy with a white fly. So overall, another good day to be on the water.

Still trying to find the kings... patience =D

Still working on my callsign, but I'll let you all know once I get that figured out so you can ping me on the VHS.

Here is another pic of my buddy holing a Rainbow.

IMG_7184.JPG

3 trips and skunked outta whitby this week. Fished 80 to 220 with every lure in the box. Went out yesterday evening to 350+. Pretty rough but finally hooked up with 4 bows and one small salmon. All on small spoons near the surface. Sunset was glorious and scooted back before the storm.