lots of dispey bites the past few outings

danne134

Hey guys,

Its been a fun past couple weeks with some good action on this end of the lake. heres some hook ups to keep the the excitement at bay until the weekend:

Thanks for watching,

Dan
Edited by danne134
  • Like 5

Cool video Danne, what style dipsey do you prefer and size? Just wondering if you use chinook or Lure Jensen or another type. Do you use wire or braid? Sorry for all the questions. I’ve lost quite a few rigs with chinooks recently due to the edge they have. Might try a snubber off the back to protect leader maybe. Just wondering. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Frogger said:

Cool video Danne, what style dipsey do you prefer and size? Just wondering if you use chinook or Lure Jensen or another type. Do you use wire or braid? Sorry for all the questions. I’ve lost quite a few rigs with chinooks recently due to the edge they have. Might try a snubber off the back to protect leader maybe. Just wondering. Thanks.

Me too, had trouble with chinook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frogger said:

Hey Frogger Luhr jensen is our dipsy of choice and this time of year when the kings are still higher up we run regular sized dispeys which i believe is size #1. we run exclusively wire lines this time of year and braid in the spring and fall. make sure you are using the right knot if your running wire. the wrong knot and send you into a never ending cycle of break offs

hope this helps!

Dan

Hey Frogger Luhr jensen is our dipsy of choice and this time of year when the kings are still higher up we run regular sized dispeys which i believe is size #1. we run exclusively wire lines this time of year and braid in the spring and fall. make sure you are using the right knot if your running wire. the wrong knot and send you into a never ending cycle of break offs

hope this helps!

Dan
What knot do you recommend ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

hope this helps!

Dan

Thanks Dan!

• Like 1

Got to try slide divers Dan (if you haven’t already). The mono leader builds shock absorption and removes pigtails in wire. You can bass flip them outside your spread as they don’t spin on themselves. The long leads with slide divers allows larger flashers to extend further back so when you send them down they won’t catch rigger lines. 

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, thork9 said:

Me too, had trouble with chinook

20 hours ago, Frogger said:

I’ve lost quite a few rigs with chinooks recently due to the edge they have. Might try a snubber off the back to protect leader 

The Chinooks now have a softer edge as they tumble them from my understanding.

Been running them exclusively last 3 seasons. Not one break off on the leader. (probably shouldn't have said that :) )

We run 12lb floro for browns, 20lb floro with spoons for Kings and 40 when running attractors.

Wire when the fleas are present. Braid spring & fall. We also use a modified version for longer leads as described in another post as opposed to running the slide divers.

The Chinooks simply have a much easier retrieve.

The Luhr Jenson certainly are tried and true though!

• Like 1

The Chinooks now have a softer edge as they tumble them from my understanding.
Been running them exclusively last 3 seasons. Not one break off on the leader. (probably shouldn't have said that [emoji4] )
We run 12lb floro for browns, 20lb floro with spoons for Kings and 40 when running attractors.
Wire when the fleas are present. Braid spring & fall. We also use a modified version for longer leads as described in another post as opposed to running the slide divers.
The Chinooks simply have a much easier retrieve.

The Luhr Jenson certainly are tried and true though!

Might be my issue. Mine are when they first came out.

• Like 1

I think you are right Mike. I have the earlier ones as well and spoke to the guy that makes them at the Niagara show a few years back and brought it to his attention and he said he was correcting the problem at the time.

• Like 2