Who bleeds the salmon outbeforeu put them in the box. What technique do you use if you do?

Edited by Adk1
Spelling

Yes those are the same methods I use and always always always bleed them out in your Live Well. You'll be amazed how much cleaner and neater it is when you're filleting them at the station. We started doing this with our walleyes on Lake Erie and man what a difference there's no blood in the meat there's Snow White.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Yes those are the same methods I use and always always always bleed them out in your Live Well. You'll be amazed how much cleaner and neater it is when you're filleting them at the station. We started doing this with our walleyes on Lake Erie and man what a difference there's no blood in the meat there's Snow White.

I have a 5 gallon bucket that I fill have way with water. I put the salmon in head first, slice the gills and and let them bleed out. Reset rod, pull the fish, hose off, take any pic, then in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

21 minutes ago, Pa223 said:

Don’t forget to put it on your scale before you bleed out. Every ounce helps for your story 🤭

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nah, just add 5 lbs to compensate for blood and water loss 🤫

• Like 3

I like the idea of pulling them with a rope and letting them bleed out that way and the carabeaner is a good idea. Thanks!

I got a large carbineer from harbor freight and set it up on a rope on a cleat, I keep a small fillet knife out and bleed them over the side. The large carbineer is much easier than threading rope IMHO.

Sent from my moto x4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Send me a picture of your Carbonear I don't know what one is