Fished from 6 to 9

110 to 130 90 to 100 down with just two bites. One spin dr down 100 and one meat down 90. IMG_1410.thumb.JPG.b4b9459c46180234f3657b42ed282579.JPGIMG_1416.thumb.JPG.7458f54fbf131cf551ae09f8a3f5f8ee.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 10

1 hour ago, tove12345 said:

Is anyone else starting to notice just a little change to the fall spawning bodies of   some of the pictures of kings lately🧐🧐?

Yes 

I notice that with the matures we have been getting the last few days . 

Edited by HB2

Did you stop fishing to have that big one on a LOC scale is quick as possible?

Big one was just over 25 on the Boga.
Another 3 pounds and we would have made the trip. Both fish cleanly released.

Seemed like a lot of boats bailed on that 100 to 130, not sure why. Lots of marks inside but dried up by 150. Lots of radio traffic from guys out 300+ that weren’t seeing a thing.

• Like 2

So if they are concentrated at a particular depth in one area,  would it be the same in similar spots? Like if you are smashing them at 130 off Braddocks, would it be similar for me out of Bear Creek? Is there something other than temp they key in on? From what I've been reading, seems west of Rochester is better than out in wayne county...or have I just not figured them out yet?

Hard to say. You can’t catch what isn’t there?
For what it’s worth though my go to for early morning or evening if I can find temp is 100 to 150. Especially as we get further into the summer don’t give up on that water.

2 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Hard to say. You can’t catch what isn’t there?
For what it’s worth though my go to for early morning or evening if I can find temp is 100 to 150. Especially as we get further into the summer don’t give up on that water.

I do ok out here anywhere from 150 out to 200 looking for 49F. I dont have the days you guys have west of here when fishing the same temp/depth. Makes me think the water here just isnt as fish friendly. I'm gonna have to take the drive out there one of these days and see for myself.

Seemed like a lot of boats bailed on that 100 to 130, not sure why. Lots of marks inside but dried up by 150. Lots of radio traffic from guys out 300+ that weren’t seeing a thing.

90-110 was “stupid” west of Sandy yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 8:40 PM, dhhurlburt said:

I do ok out here anywhere from 150 out to 200 looking for 49F. I dont have the days you guys have west of here when fishing the same temp/depth. Makes me think the water here just isnt as fish friendly. I'm gonna have to take the drive out there one of these days and see for myself.

You are correct the fishing West especially from about Bald Eagle to the Niagara River is much better than the Hamlin to Sodus stretch. This is due to the overall conditions being better with the fish having better access to deep water, and more food available. Also as season progresses the East end tends to dominate the leaderboards. 

Edited by Tony G
  • Thanks 1