Aluminum welding recomendation

Dan M

Hey all, I bought my Tracker Pro V16 last fall (used), and this year I noticed a couple hair line cracks in the hull that take on a little water. Nothing crazy, but if I don't have to run the bilge I'd rather not. 

Can anyone recommend a welder that has experience with aluminum boats in the Rochester area? 

I'm not sure what the procedure would be for the fix, I assume I would have to take off the deck and remove the foam in the locations - so it's looking like a winter project.

Flex seal it. That dude had as screen door on the bottom of his boat.
Just kidding.
I know you said Rochester. And I'm sure there's a ton of metal shops in the city.
But information is king. If you can't find one out your way. I know there's one in the macedon area. Can't remember the name. There's 2 in sodus. D&D welding and
dj youngs. There's an awesome place just north of red creek called eagle welding.
Just an fyi. Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 minute ago, tech2526 said:

Flex seal it. That dude had as screen door on the bottom of his boat.
Just kidding.
I know you said Rochester. And I'm sure there's a ton of metal shops in the city.
But information is king. If you can't find one out your way. I know there's one in the macedon area. Can't remember the name. There's 2 in sodus. D&D welding and
dj youngs. There's an awesome place just north of red creek called eagle welding.
Just an fyi. Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks. I'm trying to find someone that has experience in marine - as I know hulls can be trickier than just standard welding.

Pretty sure that you would drill a hole at each end of the crack to keep it from spreading.  (There is no reason in my book to remove the floor.) I would then have them bend a peice of metal to conform to your bottom where the crack is and then weld it on. Not going to affect your performance and would be the quickest, easiest way to fix it.