I-Bay 7/17 and Braddock's 7/18.

Had my brother from Jamestown up for some Lake O fishing.  He fishes Chautauqua Lake for walleye and bass. Friday night we fished for 2 hours just NE of IBay in the 140-220 for area. The steelhead lit up from about 7:45 to a little after 8:00.  4 in 20 minutes. All on green/yellow flies with gold or silver SD flashers.  Yesterday went about 1 mile east of Braddock's in the 140-190 range marking a lot of fish.  Got a late start at 10:00 but still plenty of action. More steelies and one nice 16lb king.  DW NBK spoon and similar neon yellow and orange/yellow FF.  He took some nice salmon and trout home.

IMG_20200717_210244239.jpg

14151.jpeg

Edited by BreakingBass
  • Like 1

Thanks for the report man. I nabbed a 14lb King just NE of IBay last week (early morning), I was fishing over 160-220 range. Also on green/yellow fly.

This is my first season keeping a boat on IBay. I don't know if this is top secret or not, but is there a vhf channel I can tune in to, to contact other fishing boats while I'm out? 

545A569A-60F3-4B5D-A56A-02437C499D02.JPG

18 minutes ago, SeaSmiles said:

Nice work fellas. Fishing out of I-Bay still remains tough this year.

I am also interested in the top secret VHF channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This article is 10 years old, ha. I guess I'll keep on 16 and see who's out there.

Planning on heading out Friday AM I think.