Place and time for kings

tim

I haven’t fished Lake Ontario in 10 years since my dad passed away. I want to pick up my son who lives in Homer end of August and head to Lake O for two or three days.Is that a decent time to go and where should we head to. Open to suggestions and any kind of help.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

End of august can be good and bad best bet is to keep a close eye on fishing reports for location u plan to fish. Depends on weather really normally in my experience if u are planning on three day trip come third week in august just in case and u should have fish in 100 to 120 fow they should be staging up good by then in big pods flasher flys work good j plugs and meat rigs if there are pods on bait u can really put them in the box but be sure to keep eye on fishing report good luck

Cold August nights cool smaller stream water temperatures down and the kings stage in deep cold bottom water just offshore of streams like 18 mile creek in Olcott. A lot of prize winners came from there.

Cold August nights cool smaller stream water temperatures down and the kings stage in deep cold bottom water just offshore of streams like 18 mile creek in Olcott. A lot of prize winners came from there.

Thank you very much I used to be up there every week with my father when he was alive after he passed kind of lost interest .

Oswego to salmon river is the best in late August, but those fish are so damn temperamental!

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

That’s where I used to fish 10 years ago but people I talk to say it’s tough there now