Cable steering auto pilot???

Josh A

Hello all hope everyone fishing season going well.  Im interested in getting auto pilot but i have cable steering. Does anyone have any recommendations as to a good unit or have experienced cable drive.  Auto drive? 

Have cable steer on my 21’ Mako.
Got a smokin deal on a Lowrance autopilot a couple of years ago.
$499 Canadian from Cabelas in Ottawa. Brand new .
Bought a HDS-7 Gen 3 to run it.
$900 Canadian from Radioworld in Toronto.
Package works awesome.
Good luck finding the Autopilot fo $500 Canadian though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As long as you have 10" of clearance behind your helm we can put an octopus drive on there and you can have AP. We've installed them with Si-Tex and Garmin AP's and they work great. If you're interested shoot me a PM. I am the service manager at Krenzer Marine and handle all Electronic sales.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, signalman said:

Rich do you know anything about those garmin unit,s that run the kicker,i try to run my boat with a kicker most of the time.

Garmin TR-1 Gold (older discontinued version) and Garmin Reactor 40 Kicker AP. Depends on the year/make of your kicker, the new Reactor 40 unit has limited compatibility when compared to the older TR-1 system. My kicker wasn't compatible with the Reactor 40 so I went with the TR1 system earlier this year and it works very well. Installation was very easy, did it myself in maybe 3hrs.

• Like 1