Ok.. this is a late post but wanted to share since my more experienced friends keep asking me if I am in the LOC derby - didn’t know what that was until this weekend.

We didn’t get out until late morning, headed from I-bay to just west of the River. Checked temperature on TD at 150 FOW, good break at 90 feet. Trolled north for a bit with no hits, so spun back around for south troll. Temp break was still good at 90 feet, but was marking suspended fish around 60, so we raised the lines. Hooked up with a screamer at 75 feet DR on green FF combo. Helped my 10 and 14 year old nephews reel it in - they had a blast.

While releasing, got another hit on green/chrome FF at same depth. This one ran to 450 feet of line. Tried to let the nephews pull it in, but wanted to get her on the boat ASAP once she broke the surface. Threw the boat in neutral for the last 150 feet.

Landed the second fish, it was a monster. Practically swallowed the hook. It took me a minute to get it out and was unable to revive her afterwards. We were not planning on keeping any fish so we did not have the proper ice/cooler.. we cut the trip short and ran back to port to get the fish on ice.

Weighed the second fish once we got back to the house.. 29.3 lbs.

(Same fish in both pictures)

Thanks for everyone who suggested heading towards Braddocks. I don’t know if I’ll spend much time fishing East of the bay this year.

IMG_9316.JPGIMG_9317.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 6