In the market for new sonar gps combo.

Currently have a 15 year old non color tolerance of. Looking to get a color sonar gps combo. Will be installing in a 19 superfisherman. Mostly fish lake O and the fingers, strolling for salmon and trout. Not against purchasing an after market transducer if needed for deep water. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a HDS 9 Carbon that I would like to sell, if you're interested in that. Has the Total scan transducer also. GPS is on that unit also. it's about 3 years old. I don't use it much as I don't have a lot of time to get out fishing. 

$1500 

Greg

I put a Garmin Echomap Plus 94 on my Shamrock with a GT-51M transom mount 'ducer. Everyone says transom mounts don't read well on inboard boats. On plane there is some interference, but I can still see fish, bait and bottom. At trolling speed it looks like I am in demo mode it is so clear. I could not be happier with this unit. I love the hybrid touch/programmable soft button option on this unit. The touch option is lockable with a push of a button so clients don't mess up my settings, etc. Very intuitive interface and quick to move about the settings.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Is the Garmin Echomap compatible with any of the electric trolling motors? Looks like Canon is compatible with hummingbird? Motor Guide with Lowrance? I am getting ready to buy something and have heard a lot of good things about the Garmin.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

FYI Garmin has been shutdown temporarily by an encryption virus.  They have been down for 3 days and they are being told they have to pay ten million for there data to be unencrypted.  That means no support, data uploads from gps and watches,ect.  It’s ugly and pilots are having issues with flight plans, runners data is unavailable and possibly lost.   But more scary is encryption viruses often are used to hide evidence of data intrusion and theft.  Can’t wait to get full story.