Prop anti theft nut. What a pain!

garrymny

So my lower unit went bad, and I needed to get the anti theft gizmo nut off. What a job. Nothing on YouTube worked. Of course bought it used so no key. So here's how I did it. I bought a Dremel tool and used the cutting wheel. I slit/cut the cylinder shaped thing that just spins around the actual nut. I cut it in two opposite sides. Then still had to hammer chisel each half off the shaft. Then used vice grips on the now damaged nut to remove it. Seriously, I would NEVER put one of these on, and I'd rather have my prop stolen. I like to be able the easily remove my prop to remove debris and fishing line.IMG_20200719_164103408.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So my lower unit went bad, and I needed to get the anti theft gizmo nut off. What a job. Nothing on YouTube worked. Of course bought it used so no key. So here's how I did it. I bought a Dremel tool and used the cutting wheel. I slit/cut the cylinder shaped thing that just spins around the actual nut. I cut it in two opposite sides. Then still had to hammer chisel each half off the shaft. Then used vice grips on the now damaged nut to remove it. Seriously, I would NEVER put one of these on, and I'd rather have my prop stolen. I like to be able the easily remove my prop to remove debris and fishing line.IMG_20200719_164103408.thumb.jpeg.e4156d82ba0352e34f89455dd1f1c869.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bought a new Chevrolet pick up friend of mine owns a garage first thing he said is get them damn things off the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United