Cayuga recent trips

We were out of Deans cove on 7/22 fished for about 3 hours only getting a small rainbow down 80 on rigger. But my fishfinder went blank right after we started so we were kinda fishing in the dark. Had to get down 120 ft. to find 43* water. Called it quits went to Bass pro for new fishfinder. On a good note fleas were gone! Good luck.

Launched out of Long Point yesterday.  Made a run South and trolled north, past the point up to just past the college and then turned and headed back south. Marked a TON of bait and fish between 75-120fow, felt like I threw the kitchen sink at them today (spoons, fasher/fly, sticks).  Threw some 5 color lead core with shallow diving sticks on the outsides, but managed grass and fleas).  While we marked many, many fish and saw many lookers, we only managed one laker right in front of the point off a rigger.  While I'm happy to have picked up my first action on my new boat and got to see my son catch in his first laker, we're leaving a lot of lookers in the water.  I'm not sure if the balls are spooking them (12b cannon with flasher tape), or if I'm running too far forward or back?  Varied speed from 1.8 to 2.5.  I'll figure it out, regardless, it was an absolutely beautiful day on the water.

There was a larger boat trolling a bit faster than us and overtook us coming from the college back to the point while my father-in-law was driving, he tried cutting in behind them as they headed out deeper to follow the shelf out.  I had to tell him to stay on their side and follow them out, I wasn't running over lines, especially if they had copper out.  Whoever that was, sorry if we made you pucker a little, as soon as I saw him steering in behind I told him no, get out and away.

Also - I found the fleas horrible!  Gobs of them all over mono and rigger cables.  I found north of the point had a lot more junk and grass floating in the water, had to pull lines multiple times to clear junk and fleas.

Tight lines!1248845896_1stlaker.thumb.jpg.c409f371a06fc5ad3bdf49ff1a528dc0.jpg