There is a proposal to raise license fees in NY. Resident fishing will be $29, non resident fishing will be $70. According to NY outdoor news the salmon/trout stamp is a dead issue. But the license increases make up for it and then some.

heres the proposed increase

conservation legacy $76 -> $96

super sportsman $68 -> $88

sportsman $37 -> $47

SR sportsman $5 -> $10

sm/bg game $19 -> $29

fishing $19 -> $29

SR fishing $5 -> $5

fishing (blind) $0 -> $5 (qualifies for federal revenues)

DMP $5 w/ sportsman application fee

DMP w/out sportsman $10

mil/disabled $5

bowhunting $16 -> $21

JR bowhunting $9

SR bowhunting $0

muzzleloader $16 -> $21

sr. muzzleloader $0

small game $16 -> $26

JR small game $5 -> $5

turkey permit $5 -> $10

trapping $16 -> $21

SR trapping $0 -> $5

JR trapping $6 -> $6

7 day fishing $12 -> $15

no resident one-day fishing license

lifetime sportsman (0-4 yrs) $300 -> $381

lifetime sportsman (5 - 11 yrs old ) $420 -> $534

lifetime sportsman (12 - 65) $600 -> $762

lifetime sportsman (65 -> up) $54 -> $60

lifetime small/big game $350 -> $534

lifetime lifetime fishing $300 -> $458

lifetime fishing 65 up $50 -> $100

lifetime lifetime trapping $300 -> $529

lifetime bowhunting $180 -> $317

lifetime muzzleloading $180 -> $317

non-resident

super sportsman $250 -> $280

big game $110 -> $140

bowhunting $110 -> $140

JR bowhunting $9 -> $9

muzzleloading $110 -> $140

bear $30 -> $50

small game $55 -> $85

JR small game $5 -> $10

turkey $30 -> $50

trapping $255 -> $310

fishing $40 -> $70

7-day fishing $25 -> $35

1-day $15 -> $25

That's sad to hear. Seems like they want to stop people fishing. We come up there from pa and it costs a lot of money for everything we buy for our trips. Now they want to almost double the license fees for us. Last year I heard from many people around here that they could not afford to go to upstate ny on a charter fishing trip due to the gas increase and such. I am sure this will shut a lot of charters down if they now increase the price of a non resident license. I think every fisherman should band together and put an end to this nonsense. Seems like each state is doing whatever possible to bring more money in. I spend a lot of money making a weekend trip to upstate ny to fish. It is getting to the point of me putting an end to coming up there. My best to all of the charter captains if this new license increase goes into affect. I think you will see a big increase in loss of customers to your business.

I don't like it but I can stomach it personally. But friends of mine who fish with me 1 to 3 weekends a summer, I can see some of them dropping out if they have to shell out $70 for a liscense.

It definately sucks! With the economy in such bad shape, I know I'm going to have a harder time getting friends to go fishing for the weekend. I have a hard enough time trying to get them to enter the LOC derbies because they don't want to spend the money.

Brian(Goin Deep)

i travel 530 miles to fish the spring derby and two trips in the fall, and of all the 12 rods and reels 400 plus lures 50 plus flashers and god only knows what other tackle i have, plus gas plus motels have been paid for in new york.---why is the state of new york telling me they don't want me ?

i really wouldn't mind paying an extra 10 bucks personally as long as it ALL went back into the fishery...the way the state is right nwo i dont blame them if they need extra cash...we have an awesome fishery 29 bucks is well worth it to me...surprised to see such negative comments...all the stocking, creek renovations, fish surveys and shocking costs money.....the state does a ton for us $29 a year is very little for the hours and hours of enjoyment we all get...not trying to stir the pot just my 2 cents

I don't mind paying the extra 10.00 for the license. After all we have an awsome fishery here in NY. Where else can you go to experience the diversity of species we have. What sucks is that the non-resident increase will be too much to bear for some folks. It just doesn't seem fair to the charters and the guides who promote the fishery and depend on it for their lively hood. They will bear the burden of reduced client participitation as well as repeat business losses. I'm sure this will get worse in the future, after all it's New York. I work in Albany Monday through Friday at the Empire State Plaza and you folks would be appalled to see the waste that goes on here as well as the deadbeat state workers that really do nothing to earn their paychecks. As a matter of fact, right now outside my office their are 4 men watching 2 men work. It's the NEW YORK WAY!!

Does anybody know when these increases should happen if they go through?

i spoke to the dec last week about getting a lifetime license at the current rate and the gentleman told me to wait at least until september due to i paid for a supersportsman just this last september.

Probably not a good idea if they are going to hike them soo, i will run and get a lifetime now!!!

i spoke to the dec last week about getting a lifetime license at the current rate and the gentleman told me to wait at least until september due to i paid for a supersportsman just this last september.

Probably not a good idea if they are going to hike them soo, i will run and get a lifetime now!!!

i would imagine its gunna go through and the new prices will prolly be for the 09-10 season.. so id say buy it now.

lifetime sportsman (0-4 yrs) $300 -> $381

lifetime sportsman (5 - 11 yrs old ) $420 -> $534

lifetime sportsman (12 - 65) $600 -> $762

lifetime sportsman (65 -> up) $54 -> $60

lifetime small/big game $350 -> $534

lifetime lifetime fishing $300 -> $458

lifetime fishing 65 up $50 -> $100

lifetime lifetime trapping $300 -> $529

lifetime bowhunting $180 -> $317

lifetime muzzleloading $180 -> $317

these are what they are and what they are proposed to go to, the sportsman is big game, small game and fishing i believe

and your doin exactly what at this moment.kinda callin the kettle black.unless of course you own the office window you are lookin out of,and if thats the case nevermind

I don't mind paying the extra 10.00 for the license. After all we have an awsome fishery here in NY. Where else can you go to experience the diversity of species we have. What sucks is that the non-resident increase will be too much to bear for some folks. It just doesn't seem fair to the charters and the guides who promote the fishery and depend on it for their lively hood. They will bear the burden of reduced client participitation as well as repeat business losses. I'm sure this will get worse in the future, after all it's New York. I work in Albany Monday through Friday at the Empire State Plaza and you folks would be appalled to see the waste that goes on here as well as the deadbeat state workers that really do nothing to earn their paychecks. As a matter of fact, right now outside my office their are 4 men watching 2 men work. It's the NEW YORK WAY!!

if you think its bad here go north of the border.80$$that includes the 10$$ outdoors card that gives you the privledge to buy a license and without it you cannot puchase one.im sure that will be comin here soon also,i wish that all outdoor activities could chip in with some cash ,but its goin to be trappers. fishers and hunters who pay

I too was wondering. Also a 5 dollar DMP charge isn't going to help the deer population problem we have. I just need the bow and muzzy to be free of future sportsmans fee increases. Except for that DMP charge? I wonder if lifetime sportsmans will get grandfathered into not having to pay for that each year or not.

All I can say is that the DEC like any other state is not adding to their popularity by hitting the licenseholders harder. Mention cutting costs, as in reducing head count, and they go off in another direction. I'm glad I'm old because most of what I have, I own. I will find a way to afford a license, especially if I can afford a boat, tackle, guns, ammunition, and everything else that goes along with is. The license is a one time annual expense.

I am absolutely appaulled at this increase in fees. Every year I purchase the super sportsman for $68. With fees and everything included that has risen to $108 (including $10 DMP fee and $10 trout stamp). It wouldn't bother me so much if I knew all the money was going into the Conservation Fund, but they (Albany) has no account of where the money actually goes. Smells fishy to me!

I think we would all support the increases if the revenue was wholly earmarked to support and better the fisheries and game in this state. The reality is that Patterson and his cronies will merely use the money to support more downstate pork barrel projects. Lessons not learned from our ongoing Thruway tolls! Our goverments, be them Local or Federal, are just trying to find more ways to tax certain things or people to spend it on projects they have no business supporting to begin with. The dispropotionate increases on non-residents is especially troubling...