Fishing around Cape Vincent/Carleton Island

Weedline by the breakwall and the 20-30' in front of the breakwall downtown cape vincent is the usual perch spots , you can find them on the 35-45' flat out in feont of launch better size but lacking numbers , another spot is the inside of caralton isalnd in 20-30' works for us drop shotting plastics and tipping with piece of worm to get the schools fired up 

Weedline by the breakwall and the 20-30' in front of the breakwall downtown cape vincent is the usual perch spots , you can find them on the 35-45' flat out in feont of launch better size but lacking numbers , another spot is the inside of caralton isalnd in 20-30' works for us drop shotting plastics and tipping with piece of worm to get the schools fired up 

Thanks for the information 1308, might try my luck this week. My Grandkids love to worm fish [emoji476]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just spent a week at Angel Rock cottages right by Carleton island. You can catch perch all day around there with worms. We found if the gobies start taking your worm, best thing to do is move until you hit the perch again. Good bass around feather bed shoal right by Carleton island on worms and minnows. Bass masters were all around that shoal all week. Beautiful area there, good luck!

6DE4137E-84B8-4EB5-819E-1E467200B17A.jpeg

• Like 1

Just spent a week at Angel Rock cottages right by Carleton island. You can catch perch all day around there with worms. We found if the gobies start taking your worm, best thing to do is move until you hit the perch again. Good bass around feather bed shoal right by Carleton island on worms and minnows. Bass masters were all around that shoal all week. Beautiful area there, good luck!
6DE4137E-84B8-4EB5-819E-1E467200B17A.thumb.jpeg.001660a561ecc172a17e5092b3f41d83.jpeg

Thanks Dan, hopefully my grandkids look as happy as the little queen in your picture. What depths were you having the best time.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:51 PM, BigBrown said:

Looking for info on fishing near The Cape, where for perch, bass. Enjoy drift fishing bait. Help an ole guy out, thanks for the expected great information.

The SE side of Carlton Island is a great perch spot in July and August.  We drift from the Silo to the point on the East end in 15-25'.  BE careful if you anchor in that area.  There is a power cable that goes across the river bottom to the island in that area.  It was not marked on Navionics (it is now) when we caught our anchor on it years back! We do get some occasional bass and walleye while perch fishing there too.  

The SE side of Carlton Island is a great perch spot in July and August.  We drift from the Silo to the point on the East end in 15-25'.  BE careful if you anchor in that area.  There is a power cable that goes across the river bottom to the island in that area.  It was not marked on Navionics (it is now) when we caught our anchor on it years back! We do get some occasional bass and walleye while perch fishing there too.  

I want to thank all you guys who gave me information on perch fish The Cape. My wife and I got into some small perch off the concrete pier out front of the village. Nothing big, but they kept us busy. Thanks again

• Like 2