Cayuga Avoid Boat with Reel Rage Pro Staff logo on side

If you see this boat on Cayuga try to avoid it. We tried today. We turned to avoid being a problem and he turned sharply in front of us while we’re dragging 300 feet of copper. 

It just goes to show that you cannot buy class. 

#Edited title after seeing more info from someone in here.  A shame if it's Black Dog, they're a charter I had contemplated using.

9A74FE8E-C8BC-446A-B348-E164CE018A03.jpeg

Edited by Joles

Unfortunately not everyone is well versed, or pays attention to navigation rules in crossing/overtaking situations.  The water should be friendlly place. I highly recommend the Boat US online  boating safety course (free).  Very comprehensive and a great review even for those of us with decades of experience.   

• Like 2

I fished cayuga alot . I know of the charter and seen the captain at the launch he always been Pleasant and friendly to talk to. I fished the same water several times and not once have I ever had a problem on the water with him running by each other . I don't know the situation you had today but there's always two sides to the story good luck your next time out I hope you have a better day.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Are you sure that is the name of the charter/boat because it is also the name of lures and the signage on the side is indicating that in particular?

Did you try to talk to them first or did you just decide to bash them online? Could have been a mistake people tend to makes those once in a while. That is not the name of his boat either that is the name of his Sponsor who is an extremely good guy so best to get your facts straight before making a post.. **** happens!! brush it off and get back into to the game..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 5

X2 on calling someone out, it happens all the time with only a couple guys fishing and auto pilot on, my wife has become very good at avoiding those situations but it still happens. Amazing how many times she makes the wide turn out and away and we hook up with a monster... can't blame anyone karma has a way though!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Shameless Plug.....

The Reel Rage trolling spoon manufacturer is a stand up guy. I do not know him other than that I purchased some really, really nice custom painted spoons from him. He was great to deal with. We all screw up. I would be pretty sure (if that IS the spoon guy's boat) that it was just a whoops. Hopefully he did not cut off your copper. Add this to your 'You should have seen what happened to us on the lake today!" stories and go enjoy the great fishing Cayuga has to offer.

IMG_0921.jpg

Edited by 58Johnson
updated info
  • Like 3

Ok so I actually First Mate for Black dog adventures which is the boat in the picture. This is not "Reel Rage" charter Reel Rage is a spoon manufacturer who is a stand up guy that we run alot of his products. I was not on the boat today so I don't know the situation however you really should get your facts straight before trying to play keyboard warrior.. 

Edited by suttontroller94

So I just got off the phone with Corey. He was out with buddies today and had a guy who was inexperienced driving because he was rigging the back of the boat. He said he's sorry if it ruined your day but it was an accident if anything. The situation doesn't exactly stick out in his head however he does remember a little crestliner taking a couple pictures and figures that was probably the situation. I will vouge for him aswell that he does have class while he is driving a boat and would never intentionally run over someone's lines and always gives them plenty of room. In my opinion he actually is sometimes over cautious and is more generous than most guys I've fished with. 

Edited by suttontroller94
  • Like 8

This could happen to all of us. We have all been cut off and lost gear. We all enjoy bringing less experienced people with us fishing and on occasion they have to drive the boat while we set gear. I admit I used to have a hot temper when I first started fishing but I have learned one thing about fishing. You can never be mad if your on the lake. I am sure it was a mistake. On a side note where do I get me some of those Reel Rage spoons. Please pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, magill270 said:

This could happen to all of us. We have all been cut off and lost gear. We all enjoy bringing less experienced people with us fishing and on occasion they have to drive the boat while we set gear. I admit I used to have a hot temper when I first started fishing but I have learned one thing about fishing. You can never be mad if your on the lake. I am sure it was a mistake. On a side note where do I get me some of those Reel Rage spoons. Please pm.

Pm sent

5 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Accidents happen and seldom is there intent.
If that’s a cell phone pic it is pretty tight lol.

That's definitely a good boat pic..

Edited by Billy H

14 hours ago, suttontroller94 said:

So I just got off the phone with Corey. He was out with buddies today and had a guy who was inexperienced driving because he was rigging the back of the boat. He said he's sorry if it ruined your day but it was an accident if anything. The situation doesn't exactly stick out in his head however he does remember a little crestliner taking a couple pictures and figures that was probably the situation. I will vouge for him aswell that he does have class while he is driving a boat and would never intentionally run over someone's lines and always gives them plenty of room. In my opinion he actually is sometimes over cautious and is more generous than most guys I've fished with. 

We're definitely NOT a Crestliner.  Looks like he was an idiot with 2 separate boats yesterday, then.

We turned to avoid collision with over 300 feet of line out back.  Then they turned and cut back the other way in front of us.  After they passed us, they cut right back behind us.  Thankfully, we'd reeled all of our line in so that we didn't get torn off.  Dick move to be sure.

15 hours ago, suttontroller94 said:

Ok so I actually First Mate for Black dog adventures which is the boat in the picture. This is not "Reel Rage" charter Reel Rage is a spoon manufacturer who is a stand up guy that we run alot of his products. I was not on the boat today so I don't know the situation however you really should get your facts straight before trying to play keyboard warrior.. 

I updated the title.  Reel Rage should probably be careful about who they use as ProStaff if they're worried about their image.

1 hour ago, Silver Fox said:

I can’t believe how bad the trolling etiquette is off Sandy this summer. Multiple different boats and I’ve never seen it so bad. I now call it “Covid Trolling”.......

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Human nature for too many these days.  Just drive on the Thruway and watch the craziness.  But we all have to remember, all of us have been on both ends of bad driving by car or boat.  Follow the words of Rambo, "Just let it go".  Then get back to some relaxation while fishing.

• Like 1