Thanks p3 I really appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Also , when using flasher flies. I have all 24 inches leaders from hook to flasher. I keep all leaders same length. When trolling you can start at 2.4 to 3.0 mph . Pay attention to what the fish want for speed and repeat it . If your turning and a inside fires, that means they want a slower speed . If the outside rods fires , they want a faster speed. So if you don’t have a probe . You may have to do some S turns to figure out the speed that they want . Fishing is all about details and repeat what’s working . I move my rods about every 20-30 minutes and change things . Till I figure out what they want . My go to set ups are white flasher with green dots , with a hammer fly or a stud fly . Or a pig pen flasher , or scum line flasher with a stud fly or a UV190 fly .
Good luck dirt.

Ok I put 50’ of 20lb trilene big game leader tied to my wire! For my Dipsy is that ok?

On wire dipsey, tie swivel with wire knot on wire . Then on the back end of dipsey, I tie on 30 lb mono about 10 ft long.

So I should take the 20 lb off? I tied a double uni knot to the wire with 50 ‘ of 20 lb gig game mono my original plan wat to tie the 20 lb to Dipsy? Not a good idea p3? U recommend going wire direct to Dipsy then run 10 feet of 30 lb? Is that 30 lb to flasher then 24 inch leader that comes with fly to flasher?

So I should take the 20 lb off? I tied a double uni knot to the wire with 50 ‘ of 20 lb gig game mono my original plan wat to tie the 20 lb to Dipsy? Not a good idea p3? U recommend going wire direct to Dipsy then run 10 feet of 30 lb? Is that 30 lb to flasher then 24 inch leader that comes with fly to flasher?

Wire dipsey , using a wire knot , tie on a good grade swivel like sampo or spro . Don’t use cheap swivels. Then I use a number one dipsey with a ring set on one and a half. The swivel gets attached to the release part of the dipsey. The back side of the dipsey tie on 10 ft of 30 lb mono. Then tie a swivel to the other end . Then you snap on the flasher on that swivel. Then tie the fly 24 inches from hook to bottom of the flasher. I use a loop knot for this , so I can change to different flies.

Dirt , you can go to utube and find all kinds of videos on salmon fishing and salmon schools . One of the best sites like Russell’s fishing tech . Has a bunch of videos. How to videos. The videos will show you how to set up dipsey’s, flasher flies, Russell’s fishing tech has videos on everything you need to know . There is other sites like Tangled tackle that has videos on Great Lake fishing . utube is a great source .