Hughes, yesterday afternoon

Les and I hit the water about 3, went west and started off Ginna in 150', worked back and forth between 100' & 150', marks but no hits. It was HOT out there but no flies and no fleas. Finally migrated out as we saw a couple boats trolling in and had a little action from 250' to 400'. Ended with a picture perfect sunset. All fish small & thrown back in. 105' rigger was the hottest, nothing at all on wire.

• Like 1

Here is the sunset Bob was referring to:smile: pics don't do it justice though....the human eye delivers a much more satisfying image. And this is what happens when you fail to pay attention to your own rigger thinking about netting another one:lol:

DSC09408ax.JPG

missedit.JPG

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 3

we stayed in shallow good temp .tons of bait at 60 to 85.It took awhile to dial in .Finally it was spoons 50 ft plus leads at 67 ft started the rods popping.One hit on FF ,We took a nice mature in for weight 25 3 couldn't find my scale on boat.Stay hydrated if you go out today.

Nice going John. We saw some stuff in that depth too but figured they were probably other species so kept going and Bob's boat is so used to the normal 700 ft range it heads deep naturally  and automatically on the autopilot:lol:

for us temp has been the key.I finally got my depth raider to work ok and it made the difference.45 degree water was hot for kings.

I took the swivel off the clincher and connected directly to the device made the difference.