Mexico bay accident

11 hours ago, Mikeyman104 said:

Think that's the same boat I reached out about on craigslist too emoji38.png. Nice rig and glad someone from LOU got it. Best of luck and glad you're getting back out there

Sent from my SM-A515U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yep I jumped on it because I knew someone would if I didn’t. The seller took me for a spin and while I dislike two strokes, the 175 runs good and it has a kicker. The boat is in great shape too. He told me he had a line of guys waiting but still gave me twenty four hours of immunity to decide because I wanted to think it through. 

• Like 1

Interesting revelation. With all the rain we’ve had, the boat has retained water up to the floor. I never removed the plug since the accident. No water came in through unwanted holes or cracks. 

That’s the oddest thing man.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

23 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

Rebuild!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Man ya know I think I might. I’m not sure I’ll put her back on Lake Ontario but we do a Canada weeklong trip up to lake Bryson and the offshore is perfect for that. I’m thinking the 15hp kicker I buy for the Grady would be fine for that week. Not gonna win any races but that lake doesn’t get rough and speed is not an issue. 

changed the lower unit oil in the kicker so stopped up to salmon country. The tech told me he thinks mercury will lend a generous hand in the repair of the 90. I’ll keep you all posted. In the past, when I had troll control problems on the lake, Mercury jumped through hoops to get me on track and actually assisted me on the phone while I was on the water fishing. Turns out the smart gauge needed a reboot. 😂💯 

Now you're talking. She's good for every species you want to target. She didn't let you down. You know my rig. Jack of all trades from salt to salmon. The old mariner is a tank. It's great to see you upgrade to a nice salmon rig, life long dream for me but probably never happen. I'm fortunate to have met a few guys here that are willing to take me along when the lake is too big. But as you well know, there's nothing like the battle of a 30+ king in a small craft. Good luck , keep it tight.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app