23 hours ago, Jbfish said:

Hey guys is any one running a lowrance hook 9 hdi  I’m having some trouble dialing it in seems they changed some stuff on them my previous hook 7 was great this one I’m struggling with .. 

Is it a HOOK2 or a HOOK? And what is the problem?

1 hour ago, ontherise said:

Hate my hook2

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Best thing to improve greatly youre HOOK2 is to get an adapter cable and get a real transducer. The transducer that is coming with is meant to fish in shallow water; it’s a 200khz but with a 40 degr. cone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jbfish said:

It is a hook 2 with split shot transducer so from what I’m seeing is I will need a lower frequency transducer. 

On the elite I can change what frequency I use it at. Found on The O I can’t use the 200khz. I use the med chirp or the 83khz setting.  Also there are different modes. Fresh, shallow, deep, slow troll, fast troll..........etc. (Lowrance does such a good job describing what each mode does...NOT!). I found fresh or slow troll with the above frequencies works best.  Then you can adjust the sensitivity to dial it in.  Hope this helps

36 minutes ago, Jbfish said:

It is a hook 2 with split shot transducer so from what I’m seeing is I will need a lower frequency transducer. 

I'm checking if you can use the Splitshot transducer of the Reveal w/o using a adapter cable.If so it's going to be the cheaper way to achieve some excellent results.

I have gen 2 and gen 3 touch HDS 7. Gen 2 came with boat and got the Gen 3 off ebay to match. I had issues dialing in with Lake O fishing. Lowrance tech support was not helpful. Told me transducer to use, bought it, and did not work. Called back and said I need a sonar hub as well which I did not buy. At end of the day bought airmar p66 transducer and run the gen 3 at 50 kHz. I run the stock 83 kHz transducer on gen 2 with split screen with chart. My settings are general fishing, low noise. With my color pallet I run 80 on color line, and a plus 2 and 3 on sensitivity. I can usually see my down rigger balls and do mark fish. However I don’t think I mark fish like others with different makes of fish finder. If I was starting over would not choose lowrance. By the way, the transducer is everything in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wallyandre said:

I'm checking if you can use the Splitshot transducer of the Reveal w/o using a adapter cable.If so it's going to be the cheaper way to achieve some excellent results.

You will need the HOOK Reveal 83/200/455/800 kHz part#: 000-15640-001 but you won't get the 83 kHz/Mid CHIRP frequency but you will get a much better overall results.

31 minutes ago, kessleda said:

I have gen 2 and gen 3 touch HDS 7. Gen 2 came with boat and got the Gen 3 off ebay to match. I had issues dialing in with Lake O fishing. Lowrance tech support was not helpful. Told me transducer to use, bought it, and did not work. Called back and said I need a sonar hub as well which I did not buy. At end of the day bought airmar p66 transducer and run the gen 3 at 50 kHz. I run the stock 83 kHz transducer on gen 2 with split screen with chart. My settings are general fishing, low noise. With my color pallet I run 80 on color line, and a plus 2 and 3 on sensitivity. I can usually see my down rigger balls and do mark fish. However I don’t think I mark fish like others with different makes of fish finder. If I was starting over would not choose lowrance. By the way, the transducer is everything in my opinion

The P66 is a good transducer but it can't do CHIRP. The Gen-2 is a 500 watts units and the Gen-3 is 1000 watts unit. What I would do is to use the Gen-3 in split screen using the P66; 1 part of the screen on 50kHz and the other on 200 and I'll be using the Gen-2 for mapping only.

If you fish LO I will use Fresh setting, low noise is OK, for color palet I mainly use # 1 and sometimes # 13.  For sensitivity : on auto but raise it until you see a little bit of "rain". Also another important thing is to be sure that the right transducer is choose under settings-Sonar-Installation and scroll until you can choose Airmar P66; there is 2 choices , 1 with a 5 and the other with a 10 at the end; there is one that work with the temp and I think it's the 10. Colorline is something useful specially to identify the bottom hardness.

Thanks wallyandre

I do have the p66 transducer selected. However I will look to see if there were 2-p66 choices. I do see the temp on my screen and also the speed from the speed wheel from the transducer. Many times I see marks from the 83 kHz that I don’t see from the 50 kHz. Sometime the other way. I see my downrigger weights better on the 83 kHz then the 50 kHz. I know it depends on cone but transducer on opposite sides, yet 83khz work better on the weights. I figure the 83 picks up better because I angled this on out a little to push cone out some

Thanks for advice