Took the wife and 2 beagles to Oswego for a little fishing got a late start due to lack  of sleep night before dogs were not to keen  about sleeping in a boat with all the sloshing going on and the go fast boats coming in at all hours of the night . Got started around 9 am really did not find any  king action but found a half a dozen nice steelies one the 250 curve stayed with for a few hours then the bight switched to bump offs then shut down .Went back to the dock and got some lunch and rest hit the water again from 5 pm till sunset looking for browns found  a good pocket of browns just east of yellow marker in 60 feet of water landed a dozen and lost a few more .Hit the water around 6 next morning and went straight out to the 620 looking for steelies as i have a good spot out there was a slow start so started working out deeper on the 650 found a couple birds and bait on a current line and game on landed 4 kings lost 3 and  a half a dozen bump offs then headed in by 11.00 .Took all are steelies on the 250 down 100 feet at 3.7 to 4.0 mph and all king came from 650 down 85 at the same speeds browns were 55 down at 2.4 in 60 feet of water and all fish were spoon bights .Me and the wife had a great time my off the grid dogs not so much they like to chase chipmunks ,mice ,birds and any other small creature the can find they even treed a woodchuck the other day did no they could climb a tree lol.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, hard knox said:

Took the wife and 2 beagles to Oswego for a little fishing got a late start due to lack  of sleep night before dogs were not to keen  about sleeping in a boat with all the sloshing going on and the go fast boats coming in at all hours of the night . Got started around 9 am really did not find any  king action but found a half a dozen nice steelies one the 250 curve stayed with for a few hours then the bight switched to bump offs then shut down .Went back to the dock and got some lunch and rest hit the water again from 5 pm till sunset looking for browns found  a good pocket of browns just east of yellow marker in 60 feet of water landed a dozen and lost a few more .Hit the water around 6 next morning and went straight out to the 620 looking for steelies as i have a good spot out there was a slow start so started working out deeper on the 650 found a couple birds and bait on a current line and game on landed 4 kings lost 3 and  a half a dozen bump offs then headed in by 11.00 .Took all are steelies on the 250 down 100 feet at 3.7 to 4.0 mph and all king came from 650 down 85 at the same speeds browns were 55 down at 2.4 in 60 feet of water and all fish were spoon bights .Me and the wife had a great time my off the grid dogs not so much they like to chase chipmunks ,mice ,birds and any other small creature the can find they even treed a woodchuck the other day did no they could climb a tree lol.

Hey hard knox,

What does the 620 and 650 mean? Im new to the Ontario Sammy scene and am trying to learn what you guys are talking about! Ha!!

Also 3.7 to 4.0 seems wicked fast to me. Is it common to fish that fast?

620 ,650 is depth curve so 650 feet of water and 37 to 4.0 mph is my down speed at probe i run two programs one is with mag and stinger spoons at speeds from 2.0 to 3.0 mph  and the other program is 3.7 to 4.2 with OPTIMIZERS spoons i let weather and fish tell me witch one to run . I could not say if its common or not within the fleet but i dont follow the masses i find what works for me and go with it and do well most of the time . AND YES SPEED KILLS !

• Like 2

Sounds like a good trip we were up there Friday to Sunday did really well. out of Oswego.  Caught 2 salmon Friday night 300-400 fow .  Saturday fished 5 am to 9 pm caught 2 steelees 9 lb and 14 lbs and 6 salmon 20 lbs or so again 300-400 fow and 100-200fow.  Sunday left at 9 am but still caught fish.  And hardly any flees!

Overall good weekend.  Cant wait to get back a in early August .

Edited by Amylee