i was out saturday Broddcks area 140-210 down 60-70 ft.  temp was in the high 40s.  we did ok.  lost two matures (bummed) but nailed some smaller kings.  always fun on the water.  however I talked to a friend who is a solid fisherman on Lake O and he was fishing very close to where i was.  I asked him how he was doing.  he told me he found them in 45-55 ft over 100-110 ft.  When I went into that depth, my fishhook read 70 degrees.  Is it possible for kings to be swimming in this temp at 730pm?  this seems to go against everything i have read and seen and heard.  Now its a possibility he could he have meant Browns/coho/steelhead, i never clarified that but I do kings go that warm?

Location dependent so fishing the screen helps. I could tell you I was fishing a different part of the lake (Niagara) and the mini rollover drove fish deep that put them in contact with some bottom smelt. Our high divers in low 60’s temp never got a sniff. All fish came deep below the thermocline. The puzzle that day was aided by the fact that I noticed marks near the bottom on the drop. Knowing it would take awhile for those fish to activate and lift with the changing conditions, we left after two swipes on the drop.