for sale : usa Marine tech for hire

God bless the hard working small business owners in America like Bill! From my personal experiences he is a professional in all respects, honest (saves all the old parts and itemized bill) , hard working and beyond knowledgeable. The job he did to repair a previous mechanics "hackjob" in addition to around a dozen additional jobs I had him do was excellent and in a super timely manner.

I have bad to horrible experiences in the past with boat mechanics and marinas taking forever to finish jobs n always above quote, Bill went above and beyond what I could have expected and from my experience I'd highly recommend his services!

Thanks again Bill, your a person who I have full trust in and someone I hope to be dealing with for many years to come. Word of mouth is everything in this industry and he's the best I've dealt with.

I'd also like to thank LOU for having this post up, I like many didnt have a reliable boat mechanic and without his post still wouldn't have one. Small businesses make this world go 'round and if we don't support em, we won't have em anymore!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 5

Wow! great tribute and it sounds from all the comments here that it is well deserved. The things that are hinted at are important factors that have made the American workforce wonderful in the past; honesty, hard work, fairness in pricing, going over and above in effort, and taking pride in the work that is done. It is gratifying to see that it is still alive and well here. Bravo! It is also an example of the importance of letting folks know when it occurs.:smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zach said:

God bless the hard working small business owners in America like Bill! From my personal experiences he is a professional in all respects, honest (saves all the old parts and itemized bill) , hard working and beyond knowledgeable. The job he did to repair a previous mechanics "hackjob" in addition to around a dozen additional jobs I had him do was excellent and in a super timely manner.

I have bad to horrible experiences in the past with boat mechanics and marinas taking forever to finish jobs n always above quote, Bill went above and beyond what I could have expected and from my experience I'd highly recommend his services!

Thanks again Bill, your a person who I have full trust in and someone I hope to be dealing with for many years to come. Word of mouth is everything in this industry and he's the best I've dealt with.

I'd also like to thank LOU for having this post up, I like many didnt have a reliable boat mechanic and without his post still wouldn't have one. Small businesses make this world go 'round and if we don't support em, we won't have em anymore!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank you Zack!

• 2 weeks later...

Slow Rollin needs to change his handle to Hot-2-Trot!! "Slow" is a misnomer...

When you find a resource like Bill, you kind of want to keep him all to yourself so when you need him he will be there. That said, he deserves public recognition and has earned my loyalty along with many other customers. His reviewers have said this many times before but I will say it again, simply wow! He bangs the work out and does it right the first time so his throughput is fantastic.

Just like the other reviewers, Bill was quick, honest, has good communication, great knowledge, and good pricing. 

I have a new-to-me 1986 Merc 5.0 230hp original engine that has been lightly used. Based on the age of the engine alone, there are some good mechanics that won't even look at it because they don't want to be the bearer of bad news for an old engine. I get it, nobody wants to be that guy. But Bill took on the job without hesitation and I couldn't be happier! My mechanic from last fall told me this spring (after letting him know last fall that I would need service in 6 months), "I have no idea when I can get to it." Really?? 

I called BIll and had my boat to him the next day and he started working on it the following day. Total turn around time was 1 1/2 weeks, partly because parts needed to be ordered:

* oil change and filter

* impeller replaced

* new exhaust bellows

* lower unit service including vac test w/ hi quality synthetic gear oil

* replaced both gaskets on drain & vent screws

* new water seperator

* prop evaluation/suggestions

* ran engine for an extended period of time to make sure all is well

* He couldn't justify replacing any more parts on it because everything else was good

My tachometer said that WOT was only 2000RPM (should be 4500RPM) and I thought I needed a new prop due to the fact that the prop had previously been replaced. My concern was that I had the wrong prop pitch. He found out that the tach was reporting an incorrect reading and saved me $800 for a new prop.

The impeller should have been replaced earlier by the previous owner and was pumping very little water. This caused much of the rubber to overheat and become brittle. He originally thought that the the "Y" pipe was shot and that the engine would need to be pulled to replace it. I gave him the ok to pull the engine for repair and gave him more or less "a blank check" to do whatever he thought needed to be done on the engine because I wanted to feel safe on Lake O. (I know, I know...normally very risky, right?) Bill found out that the problem was actually just the brittle rubber and not the Y pipe itself. Needless to say, he didn't pull the engine and didn't have to replace the pipe, even though he already had the go-ahead to do the work. Impressive to say the least!

So she runs like a top now and I can't wait to get out on the water. Do yourself a favor and do not hestiate to contact Bill for all your boat needs. You will not be sorry!

Thanks Bill! More customers coming your way...