2 minutes ago, Logger Gen II said:

I’ve had a lot of days where bite was horrible with ff or spoons of any kind and run through same fish with entire setup meat and lines exploded just a lot of trial and error but gets quite expensive too lol

This time of year It probly wouldn’t hurt to throw a J plug at them.  I didn't think of it last weekend, but my screen was loaded and it was a slow pick.  The J-plug might just aggravate them enough to get them to hit out  of aggression . 

Someone wrote an interesting thread about tipping flys with strips. Always thought about that. Kind of like a flounder rig. Makes the bait bigger, and adds a little action. Thinking out loud.

I started running meat rigs with MC Rockets a few years back and then with real meat last year. I always have one down deep now. Some days its the only thing that fires. It's made my catch rate much more consistent.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

I don't do lighting, downpours, seas over 3',or j plugs. Lol. But I will pick up a couple meat rigs. And an extra gas can.

Meat riggs can get expensive.  If u dont get to pick a couple up I have a bunch I can loan ya. 
    My plan is to be at my boat around 8ish Friday night.  If ur up there maybe we can meet up and get a bite to eat and talk salmon.  Lol

8 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

This time of year It probly wouldn’t hurt to throw a J plug at them.  I didn't think of it last weekend, but my screen was loaded and it was a slow pick.  The J-plug might just aggravate them enough to get them to hit out  of aggression . 

Well said and honestly all the things and tips and tricks everyone is throwing at you  low baller are ways to try and put tight lipped fish in the box but unless u have a lot of money it’s all the things you acquire overs years of fishing I was fortunate enough to buy the same boat and tackle that I fished on for about 15 years from my friend who got to elderly to fish and also taught me about 98 percent of everything I know about fishing out there but I’ve been hooked for life on it

Meat riggs can get expensive.  If u dont get to pick a couple up I have a bunch I can loan ya. 
    My plan is to be at my boat around 8ish Friday night.  If ur up there maybe we can meet up and get a bite to eat and talk salmon.  Lol
All depends on Ty. He's trying to finish up a job this week so we can stay up till next Tues. If the weather holds. I'll text you later this week. Worst scenerio is we come up Saturday morning and go from there. I know he's going like hell this week. Lol

1 minute ago, Gregger300 said:

I keep reading about the "Dunes" in front of Mexico. What are they? Sandy bottom area is what I'm thinking.

If u look at ur gps and go directly west from the smaller south pond.  

The way the were described to me is in the morning it looks like a sand dune on shore.  I usually set up just north of big salmon river anywhere from 120-180 (whatever depth I’m seein most marks) abd run north 

5 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

Someone wrote an interesting thread about tipping flys with strips. Always thought about that. Kind of like a flounder rig. Makes the bait bigger, and adds a little action. Thinking out loud.

I do too and it does work but I don’t run a big heron strip off the hooks I run thin strips like the size of a trout worm on the treble so the skirt hides it just for sent and the normal ff look is not effected 

Well said and honestly all the things and tips and tricks everyone is throwing at you  low baller are ways to try and put tight lipped fish in the box but unless u have a lot of money it’s all the things you acquire overs years of fishing I was fortunate enough to buy the same boat and tackle that I fished on for about 15 years from my friend who got to elderly to fish and also taught me about 98 percent of everything I know about fishing out there but I’ve been hooked for life on it
And it's folks like yourself that have taught me most of what I know. That's what I like about this sight. And I'm finally starting to put faces to names which is very cool. I'm just a fat guy in a little boat. Been playing the late season game for about 15 yrs now. If I can put a couple in the freezer each year, I'm a happy boy. Thanks

1 minute ago, Low Baller said:

And it's folks like yourself that have taught me most of what I know. That's what I like about this sight. And I'm finally starting to put faces to names which is very cool. I'm just a fat guy in a little boat. Been playing the late season game for about 15 yrs now. If I can put a couple in the freezer each year, I'm a happy boy. Thanks

I hear ya lol

Where would be the best place to launch to get to the dunes.  I'll be fishing Aug 21-25 and never fished this area before so I appreciate any help. 

I have a 17 ft Lund with a 90HP so not too big.

15 minutes ago, Logger Gen II said:

I would say pine grove because most of the time by then there are quite a few salmon directly in front of you when you hit the lake pine grove comes out of big salmon where a lot of fish run and if u want to fish the dunes not terribly far to go

Have they done any work to the launch at Pine Grove?

I stay at Selkirk Shores every year in September and I hate launching there because of the shallow water and muck bottom. Always sucking crap into my cooling channels. Also it's tough getting back on the trlr straight because it's so uneven.  Last year I would drive down to Mexico to launch there. I have an 18' tracker.