2 minutes ago, Gregger300 said:

Have they done any work to the launch at Pine Grove?

I stay at Selkirk Shores every year in September and I hate launching there because of the shallow water and muck bottom. Always sucking crap into my cooling channels. Also it's tough getting back on the trlr straight because it's so uneven.  Last year I would drive down to Mexico to launch there. I have an 18' tracker.

No not that I know of it’s a little tricky but it’s closer to the dunes I have 22 foot boat I just trim motor up until I’m in the big river

Plus I’ve had all I can handle of Mexico launch on weekends and I’m not talking about guys with fishing boats I waited about 40 min few weekends ago to load my boat with the Amount of boat traffic in and out of the little salmon lot of fun 🙄 some people shouldn’t even own a boat that’s all I’m saying 

23 minutes ago, Squad41 said:

I know ill be there a while from now but generally come out of the river and head north to the dunes, start in 90-100 FOW and work deeper?

Logger is absolutely right.  The week u will be there start right in front of river. When u come out the river head northwest till u hit 80FOW. Or follow the crowd.  Thats what I’ve done for years. The boats will show u where the fish are most of the time.  Spoons/FF/meat and even a J-plug in the spread will get the job done.  Last year was a crazy meat bite for the pre spawn fish stackin up. 

We all need a little help this year. Can't think of a better way to find clarity than fighting a fat salmon in late summer. Hell, I'll take a 20lb laker any day. See you out front, I'll be the idiot in the misty harbor with the big grin on his face.

Ya I do lol don’t mind helping I remember times when I could have used help and never got any and it sucked so figure I skip the really hard part for some people don’t catch em all though leave some out there for me [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

We all need a little help this year. Can't think of a better way to find clarity than fighting a fat salmon in late summer. Hell, I'll take a 20lb laker any day. See you out front, I'll be the idiot in the misty harbor with the big grin on his face.

Ok sounds good bud👍

What a blow last night, 40 + mile an hour winds, every year I like to take a charter trip  to fine tune my game and today was the day, Well needless to say with 10 foot waves it was canceled. I was afraid to be near a tree last night never mind the water, hopefully calms and no thunderstorms to follow for this week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seeyawader said:

What a blow last night, 40 + mile an hour winds, every year I like to take a charter trip  to fine tune my game and today was the day, Well needless to say with 10 foot waves it was canceled. I was afraid to be near a tree last night never mind the water, hopefully calms and no thunderstorms to follow for this week.

That always sucks worst part about fishing the big pond

I'm no pro, but my procedure is based on the day before reports. Weather and wave 1st, fish 2nd. Running a small craft, there are 3 points of contact that are my main usage. If the dunes and north are hot, Sandy's the closest . If the stacks are hot (power plant ), Mexico is closest. Pine grove is shallow but puts you in the estuary right in the middle. I don't know how familiar you are with the bay, but basically I like to cut a line between the dunes and the stacks. 90 to 150 '. With the threat of thunderstorms I always want to have the shortest run to port. Pine grove gives me the best options.
Hope this helps, there's alot of guys that know better than me.

I really appreciate the help, flying blind but have to start some how so this really helps.

No not that I know of it’s a little tricky but it’s closer to the dunes I have 22 foot boat I just trim motor up until I’m in the big river

Last time , I was up . Went to pine grove to launch. Only one dock was in , and only about 15 inches of water . I had to go to Mexico to launch . I have a 21 ft Striper .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They must have added another section of dock then in the mean time because I’ve put in there probably 8 times now Since I quit going to Mexico and my 221 islander is off the trailer 3/4 of the way to end of the dock

That sounds good . I would rather launch in pine grove.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app