12 hours ago, Low Baller said:

Someone wrote an interesting thread about tipping flys with strips. Always thought about that. Kind of like a flounder rig. Makes the bait bigger, and adds a little action. Thinking out loud.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We tried it this past weekend with no luck 

Not tryin to rub it in , but yea maybe i am :clap:  lol.   Just left my boat.  Pulled out all the rods and rigged them and set them in the rocket launcher.  Ready to roll at first light.  Thanks Logger.  This thread got my up here for an overnight trip.  I’ll start a thread in the morning and post my trip. Lake was beautiful at 8:00pm. Almost went out for a night bite, but takes to time to get the ready. 

Hochimo is a die hard. Last time I was up we were the only 2 boats left in sight at dusk. I got a good chuckle when I asked him if he was still out. He said only him and one other boat. I was the other die hard trying to get one more bite at last light 😄😄

12 hours ago, Hachimo said:

Not tryin to rub it in , but yea maybe i am :clap:  lol.   Just left my boat.  Pulled out all the rods and rigged them and set them in the rocket launcher.  Ready to roll at first light.  Thanks Logger.  This thread got my up here for an overnight trip.  I’ll start a thread in the morning and post my trip. Lake was beautiful at 8:00pm. Almost went out for a night bite, but takes to time to get the ready. 

No problem buddy let me know how it goes meat deep 😉 wish I was fishing beats hauling logs in the rain lol

5 hours ago, Hachimo said:

Thats how it goes.  I’m out here now. Just got rods in. No rain but got a good southeast blow. Only a handful of boats out here. 

Status report man????

• Like 1

Sorry for not reporting while I was out. Forgot my phone charger and phone died.  

well just when u think ya got something started and somewhat figured out. Lady “O” hits ya with a lesson on bein humble!!!

got my first Ever  skunk on the lake. Got some serious figureing out to do for the weekend.  Started in 120fow of water just north of big river and screen was loaded with fish. I threw everything at them. All colors of FF spoons and some J-plugs.  But no meat.  I had 4 packs in the freeze and when I used them they fell right apart!! Couldnt get them even on the hook. Dunno what the hell happened:headbang:

Temps are screwed up. I had 70 at the ball down to 120. So i just fished the marks in the 100range.  I had 3 pop offs all day. So lookin for better water I went west and got to 160fow and temp was 60 at 110 so the further off shore i went the better temp wise.  But with the southeast wind at 15knot it was gettin rough so spun around and trolled back to port.  
it was a rough day but the rain held off till i just got off at 11:30. 

I accomplished my goal thou.  I’m on my way home with my trailer.  It was the reason I came up.  Lol:clap:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hachimo said:

Sorry for not reporting while I was out. Forgot my phone charger and phone died.  

well just when u think ya got something started and somewhat figured out. Lady “O” hits ya with a lesson on bein humble!!!

got my first Ever  skunk on the lake. Got some serious figureing out to do for the weekend.  Started in 120fow of water just north of big river and screen was loaded with fish. I threw everything at them. All colors of FF spoons and some J-plugs.  But no meat.  I had 4 packs in the freeze and when I used them they fell right apart!! Couldnt get them even on the hook. Dunno what the hell happened:headbang:

Temps are screwed up. I had 70 at the ball down to 120. So i just fished the marks in the 100range.  I had 3 pop offs all day. So lookin for better water I went west and got to 160fow and temp was 60 at 110 so the further off shore i went the better temp wise.  But with the southeast wind at 15knot it was gettin rough so spun around and trolled back to port.  
it was a rough day but the rain held off till i just got off at 11:30. 

I accomplished my goal thou.  I’m on my way home with my trailer.  It was the reason I came up.  Lol:clap:

That sucks your meat fell apart but at least u got out that always makes everything better where did you first setup in 120 out there

Edited by Logger Gen II

Yea. 6:30am rods out. 120fow A lil north of big river.  

some feller was on a small boat fishing little salmon river next to My boat in the slip.  He said he Knows guys gettin salmon out of the river last week.  Sounds ubsurd to me. So before I moved out deep ,for ****s and giggles ,i ran in to 60Fow in front of river and putted around to see if fish were stackin up. Didnt see any marks from 100fow to 60fow.  Then I picked up and ran to 160fow and was markin fish here and there. 

unless I hear any reports before Saturday, I’m thinkin Saturday morning setting up in 180FOW and runnin out  deeper and stayin in Temp.  The last two years fishin was great. Definitely spoiled me.  

Was probably Lenny in the river. He's starts scouting the river at the ball park every 1st of August. He's a nut, but I've been lodging with him for 18 yrs

Yea. 6:30am rods out. 120fow A lil north of big river.  

some feller was on a small boat fishing little salmon river next to My boat in the slip.  He said he Knows guys gettin salmon out of the river last week.  Sounds ubsurd to me. So before I moved out deep ,for ****s and giggles ,i ran in to 60Fow in front of river and putted around to see if fish were stackin up. Didnt see any marks from 100fow to 60fow.  Then I picked up and ran to 160fow and was markin fish here and there. 

unless I hear any reports before Saturday, I’m thinkin Saturday morning setting up in 180FOW and runnin out  deeper and stayin in Temp.  The last two years fishin was great. Definitely spoiled me.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Low Baller said:

Was probably Lenny in the river. He's starts scouting the river at the ball park every 1st of August. He's a nut, but I've been lodging with him for 18 yrs

Im staying at Lennys place starting on the 20th. Hoping for a great trip and calm water. :-)

• Like 1

Based on 3 different marine forcasts that I just looked at for mexico bay, they seem consistent. Winds 5 to 7 knots ,seas 1' or less for the next 4 or so days. I'm sure out at the 100+ it'll be a little stiffer but overall pretty nice. Don't take my word for it, things change in minutes with chances of T storms. Boats ready to go, hope to see everyone out taking a well deserved breather. Now all we need is fish lol.

They changed weather since then lol

• Like 1

I’ll give ya a call later on this evening Clark.  I’m gonna try to b on the road at 5:30 tomarrow. that will Put me on my boat at 8pm pullin gear out of the cuddy and gettin ready to fish sat morning. 

• Like 1