Alot of great info to digest from this thread.  I see alot of recommend launching out of pine or Mexico.  I will be staying by wolcott last week in Aug, how dar is that from these area? Also any recommendations on where to fish if launching out of fairhaven?  This will be my second trip to O. So much to learn.  Thanks in advance.

Fair haven straight out, deep water close. Unfortunately far from Wollcot. Look at a map, most fish will be heading for Salmon river, Oswego area.

Edited by thork9

Fair haven straight out, deep water close. Unfortunately far from Wollcot. Look at a map, most fish will be heading for Salmon river, Oswego area.
Just caught up on the Oswego report. Didn't know there was a tourney this weekend. Was thinking of hitting Oz for easier access to deeper water. Think I'll just play in Mexico this weekend. We'll find them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I second Fair Haven. With a small boat the deeper water is closer. The launch is nice from the state park and it's only a short ride out. I'll be launching there Friday and Saturday this week and weaving my way through the tourney guys

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't call my boat small, but it's not overly big either. 1984  20' starcraft islander .   The park has cabins available that's why I'm looking at going there.  Dont really want to sleep in a tent in late september. Lol

I dont blame you lol. I do have a small boat. 16 ft but has a 60hp and is built well. I guess I should mention that I've never fished fair haven in late september. I've always launched at mexico and ran to the salmon river later in August. I cant speak to how the fishing is in September other than deeper water is closer for this time of year

• Thanks 1

Heading up early enough tomorrow to hopefully hit a night bite. I'll be sure to post, good or bad. I know this time of year guys are tight-lipped with all the tournaments and impending fall derby, but I have no problem sharing any info to help others out, that's why we're here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

29 minutes ago, seeyawader said:

Not much to report out in front of the dunes, temp down 110 feet, real slow fishing and only a handful of boats out today

Markin alot of fish together or were they scattered?

29 minutes ago, seeyawader said:

Not much to report out in front of the dunes, temp down 110 feet, real slow fishing and only a handful of boats out today

15 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

I thought they were scattered, until 100 feet I had 75 degrees to the bottom, everyone I spoke with had a slow day. This morning I only went out for an hour and got beat up, still had 2 to 4 footers left over from advisory the night before. I think I only saw 2 boats this morning and maybe 6 tonight, so that explains not many reports. Or they all out real deep. Tonight was dead flat though.

Edited by seeyawader

20 minutes ago, cuttermag1 said:

Think I’m going to go out to 160 off the plant and troll out.See what happens tomorrow. Going solo 

this time of year last yea  that was My go to area. Just recently Got pulled toward the dunes.  Definetlt gotta start eliminating water.  I should be up around 8pm tomrrow.  I’ll shoot  ya a text When I’m up there.