1 hour ago, hookedupf7 said:

We had a king take us out to 700 on wire today. Got nervous but finished him on the boat

Nice work.  Mine hit 780ish and snapped went the backer. Poor fish.  Swimmin around with dipsey FF and a long trail of wire behind it.  

Launched out of Pine Grove fished from 120 - 200 got one King on meat rig and 11” white,  meat rig fired again but nobody home. Rest of the day slow as molasses. Try again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just got home. What a run, definitely covered some water this weekend. I haven't had this much fun not catching fish in a long time. Great bunch of folks here. I'll be back at it labor day weekend. Thanks for the laughs, definitely need that. And thanks again Mike for allowing me backon board .
FYI, that flasher fly combo you gave me sucks. Lmao

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Man.  This is just a bad year year.  Still slow.  I’m not makin the trip this weekend. I will be up next weekend and its gonna be my final trip for the year.  Haulin the boat back home to star prepping it for paint and Make some changes and make it mine.  

Man.  This is just a bad year year.  Still slow.  I’m not makin the trip this weekend. I will be up next weekend and its gonna be my final trip for the year.  Haulin the boat back home to star prepping it for paint and Make some changes and make it mine.  

They have to start to chew soon! We are going to cover water and put the time in tomorrow. Sat morning is questionable and Sunday doesn’t look good at all

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Following from the comfort of home this weekend. This year has definitely raised some questions. Don't know if they're doing the labor day water release on the river for the kayakers. Usually simulates some movement but the water is like a bath tub. Be safe this weekend, doesn't look too friendly for small crafters, but I know a few of you salts will get it done.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Logger Gen II said:

Headed down tonight for the weekend solo trip so going to fish with my cousin anything new happening 

I was supposed to be up all week but threw the towel in on Tuesday after the weather went to hell and my buddy had a family conflict.  Going up tomorrow night hoping to get Saturday am in but know the weekend is iffy.  last I fished was monday in the catfish /high rocks area.  There were decent marks in areas from 95 ish to 160ish.  I threw the kitchen sink at them.  Got one on meat, missed two and had another on flasher /fly but lost that because (of all things) the barrel swivel on the flasher broke in the middle.  Temp was right at about 95ft but who knows now...same with the location.

3 minutes ago, nosswa said:

Headding up on Sunday. Hope the water cals down.  Just out of couriosity what is considered a small craft??

Well thats a good question.  I run a baha 280 weekender and consider that a small craft at times.  Lol.  

I was curious so googled it.   I got some info but sadly no concrete answer on size.  I'll have to continue with my previous assumption.  My boat ain't gonna cut it lol.  
image.thumb.png.e7666ef03d998168768fd2a52a5760d0.png

You always have to go on the side of caution out there. I have been out when it’s been a little bumpy and by the time I have gear picked up i have had a nasty ride in. I watch the wind and waves constantly. You can’t always get in before a storm blows up and I have had times where I motor 3 or 4 miles out of my way to find better water in tight to get back to the launch safely. We don’t always have that option. Good luck out there. If you have to question yourself about if it’s safe or not it’s best to wait for a better day.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Logger Gen II said:

Alright guys thanks and I’ll let u know how I do like always....but ya this year has sucked but better than working I’ll let you know what I find

Every year is its own game.  The good years (days) keep me going through the bad ones.  I worked like a dog on Monday changing lines through the morning. It killed me when a long time great flasher had a barrel swivel let go.  It was waaaay better than work! lol