We gave it a shot this morning...motored out to about 85 ft and set up. Lake kept building so I didn’t want to go deeper. Only lasted an hour or so and I called it. Had one chumming and it was getting nasty. Waves breaking over the bow of the tracker on the way in. Try again Tuesday.
Good job logger!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, Gregger300 said:

We gave it a shot this morning...motored out to about 85 ft and set up. Lake kept building so I didn’t want to go deeper. Only lasted an hour or so and I called it. Had one chumming and it was getting nasty. Waves breaking over the bow of the tracker on the way in. Try again Tuesday.
Good job logger!

Made it farther than me, I went to 50 feet then went back in and fished with worms,,,I have no tolerance for getting beat up like that,,,wish the wind would stop blowing on the weekends.,,,too bad they were biting good ,,,,oh well

1 hour ago, Santana said:

Anyone planning to fish this weekend? Headed up for Friday and Saturday. Any recent depth reports on how far out to start?

Thanks,

Josh

Combat fishing time, boats are buzzing the mouth of the river. A buddy had trouble getting out of the river the other day due to endless line of boats right at the mouth. Goodluck!

Edited by FishingFool34

Fished the mouth Tuesday morning. One rip on a j-plug but the drag on the reel was locked down so the fish was lost almost instantly. Fished from 7-11
Went back out later and got away from the crowds. Got one king just about to the boat before he got off. Dipsy ff 100ft back over 70 ft. We did get a brown in to get the skunk off. Fished 5 to sunset.

3 hours ago, greenhornet73 said:

I couldn’t use the lighthouse marina the past 2 weeks with my 19’ fiberglass because of low water and the owner said my trailer would get hung up on the concrete drop off. If your trailer has considerable clearance to may be ok

Salmon country marinas launch is deep. Launched a 22 glass yesterday

22 hours ago, Stu said:

Where are people launching their boats? Bigger boats. Looking for deeper water

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mexico Point State Launch... I wouldn't trust any launches in the big river with the water so low right now. You will be fine at the state launch in Mexico with a big boat.

On 9/20/2020 at 4:44 PM, Landshark said:

Salmon country marinas launch is deep. Launched a 22 glass yesterday

On 9/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, greenhornet73 said:

I couldn’t use the lighthouse marina the past 2 weeks with my 19’ fiberglass because of low water and the owner said my trailer would get hung up on the concrete drop off. If your trailer has considerable clearance to may be ok

The lighthouse dropoff is real bad, I launched there over the weekend and was inches away from scraping my boat on that concrete

I was wondering about Mexico Pt and never even thought of Salmon Country. Such a long troll from Salmon Country to get to the big water. Lighthouse was definitely a no-go on Sunday as was Pinegrove.  The water dropped crazy over the weekend. Might be time to start dusting off the shanty.:(