Wheres the fish!!!? Mexico area

Fish are absolutely stacked up out in front of the dunes in 120-140 fow. Had marks for hours, but not one single bite. Slide inside and marked Tons of bait and lots of fish in 90 fow, but only managed to picke up 4 browns. Disappointing to say the least.

This may be one of those years where you treat the 1st of August as the last of August and look for them stacking up or in real shallow.even though the temps may be way off.

Edited by Sk8man

Yep they feed at night and sometimes can catch them at first light then they shut off when the sun is up. Hard to figure them sometimes.

Fished in front of the dunes this morning, 100-130 fow,,,slow bite,,,caught 2 skippies, 1 brown and lost one screamer,,,fished 6-10 am,,,fish seemed scattered and did did not see the marks that was talked about,,,I did end up  north of dunes so maybe just missed them

Edited by seeyawader

We started 630am in about 85-90 outta Mexico. Downtemped in 135 saw 49F 105 down? Something like that. Plotted a course to the deeps. Finally 1030 high 2 dipsey braid 250 back over 330 feet takes a hit get 18.5 for the wife. Went dead again for some time til stealth rigger 110-115 down took a pre-teen in 280 maybe. Couple more small fish on w/long release that was it til 2pm down off the Mohawk plant. Both on spoons. Getting me some Humble Pie tonight!IMG_8769.JPGIMG_8773.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 7:23 PM, bigwalleye said:

We started 630am in about 85-90 outta Mexico. Downtemped in 135 saw 49F 105 down? Something like that. Plotted a course to the deeps. Finally 1030 high 2 dipsey braid 250 back over 330 feet takes a hit get 18.5 for the wife. Went dead again for some time til stealth rigger 110-115 down took a pre-teen in 280 maybe. Couple more small fish on w/long release that was it til 2pm down off the Mohawk plant. Both on spoons. Getting me some Humble Pie tonight!IMG_8769.JPGIMG_8773.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fish. We met you at the launch when we were leaving, slow day, went 1 for 2 down 130 over 160. Lots of marks, lots of bait....