Nothing! My dismal fishing season continues. On advice of a charter deck hand went to 450 and trolled to 500 fow. Two hours of zilch with nothing on the screen. Had 45 degrees 95 down.so went into 259 fow since there was a line of boat trolling at 300. I had 46 degrees as I recall, down 80. Do temp seemed fine. Saw one bait ball. No marks. Gave up. But my new lower unit is working good. Yesterday went to Catt Creek for walleyes, and it is just as bad. Nobody catching, and little to nothing on the screen. 2020 sucks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Got out for a couple of hours late Thursday afternoon. Boaters at dock said 220 - 260 . Didn't see a damm thing out there. Went out to 300- 320 and started marking some fish. Temp down 85 was 43. Probe went blank, Sub Troll ) not sure why, any suggestions would be appreciated. That said, switched to  a lighter line rod( 14 lb) and got bit. #3 Kings in about 40 minutes before I had to leave. Biggest was 26 lbs. Scary trying to land one that size alone in the boat. Got all 3 on Brads Super Bait with sardine stuffed. Short bite, but sweet for first time out this year. Also, no one I have spoken to in last 10 days has gotten any Walleye east of the Cat. Went to Sturgeon last Tuesday and not a single boat in parking lot. That says it all. 

I had a brads super bait on too. Filled mine with tuna.

Got out for a couple of hours late Thursday afternoon. Boaters at dock said 220 - 260 . Didn't see a damm thing out there. Went out to 300- 320 and started marking some fish. Temp down 85 was 43. Probe went blank, Sub Troll ) not sure why, any suggestions would be appreciated. That said, switched to  a lighter line rod( 14 lb) and got bit. #3 Kings in about 40 minutes before I had to leave. Biggest was 26 lbs. Scary trying to land one that size alone in the boat. Got all 3 on Brads Super Bait with sardine stuffed. Short bite, but sweet for first time out this year. Also, no one I have spoken to in last 10 days has gotten any Walleye east of the Cat. Went to Sturgeon last Tuesday and not a single boat in parking lot. That says it all. 

My fishhawk speed an temp goes blank sometimes at 100 ft or more down. Seems the signal isn't strong enough it's got brand new batteries. What I don't get is when I slow down it picks it up again. Speed up it looses it. With more blow back it's not farther away just higher in water column.

When you believe the screen on your graph is “empty “ change your frequency setting to a lower rate. Deep water fish will pop up on the screen. I have found fish down to 200 feet deep playing with lower frequency numbers and pulse rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Breaking Bass, I have been fishing these Brads super baits for about 5 years now. Have a friend from Washington state who fishes on the Columbia river for Kings who brought me several. I fill them with Sardines in Oil. Much better than tuna. I shortened the leader behind flasher to 32" inches and upped the test to 30lbs. My best to date has been the Blue Hawaiian, Mountain Due is also been very productive. When fishing deep, I like a larger 11" flasher and smaller when using a Dipsey.

I have caught a lot  of stealies on the longer version in florescent red. I troll them slower between 1.8 and 2,2. I like them as I find is just as effective as meat, but a whole lot less expensive. Length behind rigger ball 18 -22 ft. Good luck, Tight lines.

• Like 2

Skywatcher, I always fish them behind a Flasher. Larger when deep, smaller behind a dipsey  Leader length when using a dipsey I extend to 36"and shorten the lead between Dipsey and paddle to 30. For some odd reason, I have had more success when using a Dipsey painted all black. One thing about these baits is bigger kings do a job on the paint job. I spray them with a clear coat and that protects them much better. I have also used them in the Finger lakes and they have produced as well there for Lakers. One thing My friend from Washington suggested to me, remove the sponge on the inside and do not over fill the cavity. That sponge gets a bad odor to it over time and it most likely turns off fish. I have been doing this now consistently and IT DOES WORK. Best to you, good fishing.

• Like 1

Well I haven't used them much, but I just use the tuna from can. Fill the Space. You also use anchovies paste, and I was thinking of buying some Racoon bait from FNT post.

I took a look at Brad's super baits. Which ones are you using for trolling on Lake O and do you do anything to the tuna other than drain it?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes, jack mackerel works too

Breaking Bass, I have been fishing these Brads super baits for about 5 years now. Have a friend from Washington state who fishes on the Columbia river for Kings who brought me several. I fill them with Sardines in Oil. Much better than tuna. I shortened the leader behind flasher to 32" inches and upped the test to 30lbs. My best to date has been the Blue Hawaiian, Mountain Due is also been very productive. When fishing deep, I like a larger 11" flasher and smaller when using a Dipsey.
I have caught a lot  of stealies on the longer version in florescent red. I troll them slower between 1.8 and 2,2. I like them as I find is just as effective as meat, but a whole lot less expensive. Length behind rigger ball 18 -22 ft. Good luck, Tight lines.

Too much blow back. Use different weights, decrease your blow back angle and you'll be fine

My fishhawk speed an temp goes blank sometimes at 100 ft or more down. Seems the signal isn't strong enough it's got brand new batteries. What I don't get is when I slow down it picks it up again. Speed up it looses it. With more blow back it's not farther away just higher in water column.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Freebird 18: Thanks for the very helpful info on the Brad's Super Baits. I won't be able to try them on Lake Ontario this year because of the travel ban. However, I'll give them a try the next time I go to Lake Michigan. Thanks again.