Fished out front of Braddock's in mainly 150 to 220 fow. Started late around 8:15. Got a spoon and a FF on the DRs and 3 minutes later the spoon fires, hit and run. Bringing that back in and the FF fires, with the real screaming like I haven't seen years. My stepson grabs the rod and the fish is peeling off line like crazy. It slows and he starts to slowly coax it in and it runs again then nothing. It ripped the fixed end of the swivel apart at the fly. We were 65' and 70' down as temp was just about 70'. Marked a lot of fish this morning had many hit and runs. Lost an entire FF combo on one. NBK spoon and yellow flies did well. Landed a nice 17lb king that we kept. Later AM hits came about 90' down and the active depth was 180-190 fow. Quit about 11:30. His first time out so all the action made for a great day. Footnote: I'm cleaning the fish and prepare to fillet the 2nd side. I resharpen the fillet knife and drop it point down of course. It hits the inside of my big toe and leaves a 3/4" cut like a scalpel would. A little gauze and electrical tape and I finish the job. IMG_20200801_112753141_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by BreakingBass
  • Like 3

Nice catch.

Let’s see that toe!

We should start a wound thread...

Last week, last fish of the morning, a solid 18, one of the treble hooks in the jaw, easy peasy removal. Cept the spoon/hook fly outta the jaw and land point first in back of my left hand right in/on my vein! Pulled the hook and the red stuff starts flowing. Luckily a little pressure n she was good in 5-10mins. Hate to think what woulda happened if I’d gotten the barb!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Did the same thing to my toe in the exact same spot last year. Knife was sticking straight up and down, luckily had my sneakers on and only about 3/8 penetration. Nice little divit in skin now. We were off Sandy fishing the same depths. Small one and a 17lb. Not as much action as you, we got out late also. Our temps were 50-60ft. Small on spoon and bigger on FF.

We went to Erie yesterday and it was terrible fishing.. Water too warm off Buffalo, 79 down 62ft., and no schools off Dunkirk AT ALL!! Found some good temps there though, caught 1 and shook off at the boat. Didn't even care. Fishing reports for buffalo seem to be bogus. They say Barcelona is hot but who knows.

• Like 1

Any photos of those wounds?

Lake Erie with 78 degree surface water temperatures has the walleyes migrating west of Silver Creek where the thermocline sets up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We went to Dunkirk for the afternoon and found good temps though erratic at times, marked pretty much nothing , 60-95ft. Hooked a small one on the way in. No bait pods , no marks at all. Girls at the launch said people are out 90-100ft to find any. I'll try again but I'll make sure I have good info first. Any help would be appreciated.