Henderson bay , association island area Bass

chugbug

Hey guys the association island area has always looked interesting to me for bass never been there though , trying to figure out if it would be a good place to try mid September for smallmouth , dont want to get blown off the water the whole trip but looks like there is some protected areas if you run towards Henderson harbor . Anybody familiar with the area know if it would it be a good place to stay for a few days bass fishing or are there better places back near the harbor or does the association island put you out closer to better fishing , thanks for any help  .

Association Shoal is a long narrow shoal just off Association island on the lake side, and is a great place to fish for smallies. That time of year the high banks are usually pretty good a well. If you are only up there for a couple of days you always run the risk of not being able to fish the lake side at all if you get bad wind both days. There are some areas on the bay side that hold fish but probably not as productive as the lake side. 

Use the MAPS tab above, it has pretty good detail of that area. I fish out of Henderson for opening weekend of bass fishing every year. We stay at Henchen's marina in the harbor. I have never stayed on Association Island, but as a whole the are is very nice. The Henderson Harbor boat launch is a nice launch and its free with lots of parking. Sackets Harbor is a great place to go.

The Bassmaster Elite series just fished out of the St Lawrence a couple weeks ago. If the weather is nice you can get to most of the places where the pros fished. 

EKoselny thanks for the info on the maps , is that version available on my cell phone and and what does it cost , now i feel like I've been hiding under a rock all this time , my lowrance depth finders are pretty out dated and dont except chips so now i know what iv'e been missing out on !!! Thanks again