Towing question

jigstick

I’m considering buying a Robalo R245 with twin yamis. It has a 105” Beam. So 3in wider than most states 8ft 6in towing limit width. I’m not certain it would even be noticeable going down the highway. What do you guys think

What will you haul it with? That thing sounds very heavy. Does the trailer have brakes?

99% percent of the time the cops will not bother you, but you should check the gross vehicle weight of your tow vehicle and double check how much weight you are allowed to haul.Not so much because of legality but more because of road safety. It's not so much about how strong your engine is. It's about how well you can brake.

Edited by rolmops

I have a twin turbo ecoboost with 410HP in my Ford Expedition. And a heavy duty towing package. Tows up to 9300-9500lbs I believe depending on the rear axle gear ratio. The trailer has electric over hydraulic

Sounds like a very capable tow vehicle. My guess is your boat/trailer combo runs about 6000-6500 lbs. Adding fuel and equipment maybe 7000-7500. I also wouldn’t worry about trailering the 8ft 9in beam. I’ve been trailering a 8ft 10in for 10 years and zero issues