The Wall off of Henderson

Yes, The area from the "Trench to the Wall" just west of Stony Point 116-150' of water

Ok Guess everyone has names for structure. I’ve been fishing the trench for going on 30 years. The wall refers to the cliff face out in the shipping channel between Gallo and Main Duck islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

I was just reading the name on the "Fishing Hot Spots" chart. I did see the "Wall" your referring to in the shipping lane. So how are these areas producing now? The Wall (shipping lane) and the Trench.

I think it depends on who you are talking to,  I think some people refer to that cliff as the "mountain".  It is between the trench and the finger.  I havent been out there in 3 weeks but hope to be out there this weekend.  I am sure it is holding some kings and browns.  I havent gotten reports from anyone recently.

I think it depends on who you are talking to,  I think some people refer to that cliff as the "mountain".  It is between the trench and the finger.  I havent been out there in 3 weeks but hope to be out there this weekend.  I am sure it is holding some kings and browns.  I havent gotten reports from anyone recently.

Totally agree. Everyone has their own name for places and things. Somewhere along the line flashers became paddles. Lol

Is there any salmon or trout in this area this time of the year? I will be in Henderson Wed-Sun

I’ve been fishing this lake for over 40 years and am still learning or maybe relearning. I found an old fishing hotspots map of Henderson in my old collection it’s dated 1992. And I’ll be damned. They call the sharp drop off west of Stoney point “ the wall “. The wall out in the shipping lanes is also labeled. Never recall the drop off by Stoney being called the wall. But there it is. This map also has all the TD s from loran. Somebody was looking for a map with this overlay. As a side note. I lost a cannon speed and temp probe and a 13 lb weight right there. Not paying attention to depth. She comes up in a hurry. Lol

I bought "Fishing Hot Spot" maps recently. Mine doesn't have TD overlays on the maps.

This is one I’ve had for a long time. It’s dated 1992. GPS was new and not very accurate due to selective availability loran was still very much in use

• Like 1