Cannon mag10 HS wiring

K Gonefishin

Grabbed a set of used cannons and gonna wire them up. They came with the plugs in the pic. My old vectors I had a 30 amp blade style fuse, what sort of fuse or setup do these require I’m getting conflicting information from people so wanted to check here. IMG_2353.thumb.JPG.9c8e3aa9342cba8f2dddcf93a8a7ef6f.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The Cannons have a circuit breaker built in for motor current overload. The problem is that doesn't help if you have a short circuit between the power source (battery) and the downrigger circuit breaker. A 40 amp breaker installed on the positive line close to the battery is recommended. Usually less than a $10 item at most auto part stores. Fuses are ok but a resettable breaker is much more convenient.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I replaced my 25 year old Cannons with these new Mag 10's.  I connected them to my 30 amp blade fused wiring that was already in place.  If I forget to set the "water zero" and the ball comes up, doesn't stop and hits the boom, the fuse will blow instead of the breaker on the rigger tripping. Otherwise they work fine. I'm going to check my wire size and see if I dare go with a bigger fuse.

Spoon Fed

Cayuga Lake

Sorry. I run 2 Mag 10's and 2 new Cannon Digi-Troll 5's. The Mag 10's do indeed stop at water line as soon as the cable leaves the water and breaks the electrical circuit.  The Digi-Troll 5's are the ones that I have to inform where the water surface is. Thanks for the correction.

Spoon Fed