In line planer boards?

I've had good luck running Ziggy boards, they got a couple different sizes. I run the copper boards and use them for everything up to 300 with no problems. I don't own anything over 300 but they say the "big sexy" boards will pull 600 copper.

Doug - most guys don't run dipsies off inline boards. The Walleye boards are fine for 300 coppers and 10 color leadcores with spoons. I have both types and started out with the TX44's and a problem with them is when they dive on you (especially with a large king on them) they are hell to get in even pointing the rod tip toward the water and I don't even use them anymore. The walleye boards or TX 22's suffice for most things. Dipsies are best run from wire rods of different lengths.

Edited by Sk8man

I started running the Offshore SST Pro Mag for kings and musky last year. This year I added Sam's Pro Releases so I'm not fighting the board. Liking it so far.

I have a TX44 also and it'll pull heavy stuff. I'm just used to the Offshore style clips so don't care for the way the TX44 connects to the line.

2 hours ago, Sk8man said:

Doug - most guys don't run dipsies off inline boards. The Walleye boards are fine for 300 coppers and 10 color leadcores with spoons. I have both types and started out with the TX44's and a problem with them is when they dive on you (especially with a large king on them) they are hell to get in even pointing the rod tip toward the water and I don't even use them anymore. The walleye boards or TX 22's suffice for most things. Dipsies are best run from wire rods of different lengths.

I ordered the Church walleye board. I have a small boat and normally fish 120' or less, I will use the planer with Crank and stick baits once the fish come back in shallow. Should work good for Smallies I would think.