I run snubbers on my dipseys.  When we have lost fish after short battles they are spread throughout our setup. Riggers coppers and dipseys.  The only thing I can figure is the fish are coming in from the side and get the spoon horizontally in their mouth with the hook on the outside. When they turn away if they go to the hook side it sticks them good, if they turn to the line side the spoon is pulled across and out of their jaw and the hooks never stick well.  When we are getting repeated 45 second releases any fish we do land are usually stuck in the outside of the jaw.  That’s my theory anyways and I’m sticking to it.

the launch fee at olcott is good for the day for the vessel listed on the ticket.

Edited by Andiamo Outdoors

I have been working inside since 8:30 and have one king to show for effort. I can’t tell you how many marks and bait pods I have run over. The fish are acting like stagers and are even collimating vertical. I even broke out slide divers with Lyman plugs. Frustrating. 

After hearing nothing but slow reports all week I decided to take my jon boat out and fish smallies near Wilson. That was slow also but I did manage to catch this nasty pig. Epic battle on 6 pound test. I’ll be back after the salmon in the AM and hope for the best IMG_3435.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

I decided to let my father sleep in today and help him with some stuff around the house. I took a ride to the store this morning and found a clear Plano box laying in the road on 18 between Wilson and olcott. PM me with its contents and it’s yours to pick up. I will be in Wilson until later this afternoon. Good luck to those out today

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app