Jet Divers How they work and when?

Hello, I am Paul Oliver, friends call me Ollie. Boat: Irish Buoy

I have seen these Jet Divers, I have always used Dipsy's. The Diver seem as if they would be effective, especially in getting a line down in clear water they seem to be easy to use and come with different depth settings.

I would appreciate any input on their operation as well as how and when people have had success with them.

Thanks alot.

I have seen Erie walleye charters use them, with stickbaits in the variety of

sizes to reach targeted depths fish are at, in conjunction with dipsy divers

a lot of the walleye charters don't use riggers, since walleyes can be more spooked

by the cannonballs and rigger wire hum.

Never used them for Salmon fishing because every time we fish for them they are too deep to reach with a jet effectively.

Jets are uni-directional divers. You can't run them out to a side or create dispersion from another one. They go straight down. We run them for spring 'eyes off of the big boards.

Jets have NO release mechanism, but are easily "jolted" off plane and provide little resistance when reeling them in with a fish on the business end.

Ollie,Jet Divers work well with spoons & wormharness for walleye.They run well off small boards.They have defferent sizes10,20,30,40,&50. A#50 jet will run 45ft. w/30 mono.210 ft.back,w/wirewill go 70 ft. with 210ft. of wire out.

Griz

• 3 weeks later...

Irish Bouy:

Jets are a great product for catching 'eyes on Lake Erie, especially in June and July

when the fish are still fairly high in the water column, or if you are fishing closer

to shore. We favor harness, small spoons and small sticks behind those.

John