First time fishing my own boat on Lake O. We fished Thursday, Friday and today. We came not really knowing a lot but we do fish a lot in Maine so we figured we would give it a shot. We landed 12 kings all but one was small 15-20” so we released them. We did get one 8-9 lbs. We did manage some beautiful lakers one at over 26 lbs my wife caught. We landed 2 whitefish, 4 browns, 12 kings, 20+ lakers and a white bass so it was a great trip. The sea conditions Thursday morning was tough but it improved as the day went on. We are already looking forward to our next trip.IMG_5269.JPGIMG_5294.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

As others stated i did not see temperature until i got to 100-110' and 55-58 degrees. I was 145-160 down 125-140. I have no experience with Kings and I did not get one over 9-10 lbs but others said it has been tough also. I did miss 7-8 fish yesterday and at least two screamers. It seemed like the kings were just nipping at the baits not overly aggressive.I avoided the fleet as much as possible and just looked for bait and larger fish in temperature and worked those areas.

Edited by Scalloper 1

I should add I only have 30-35 lure choices so my options were limited. The first day we had 7 small kings all on a carbon 14 at 105-110 down in 145-150 fow. I try to avoid small fish so I dropped down to 125-140' the next two days. FF seemed to get the most hits for me yesterday. I stacked spoons above the two riggers 15-18' above the 8-10 back without one strike all day. 

Thanks for the report! You did real well! It was rough out there today. Took a while to get out. Picked up a mature king on 450 copper. And dragged a tiny laker on meat on a rigger I found when we pulled lines. Didn’t fish long. Temp was 48 down 100 fished over 130-150.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2