Any boats out there around 28'-31'?

Shopping around for a boat around the 30' mark. Havent really been seeing much of anything local as of recent. Any of you guys have experience with the Rampage boats or know anything about their sea worthiness?

Edited by BALLS DEEP
mis spelling

27 minutes ago, Bozeman Bob said:

What year and length Rampage are you looking at? The boat decoy hound posted I believe was made at a different facility.  The original company was bought out. So you may be comparing apples to oranges. 

Good point, I didn’t think about that?

Without knowing what years your looking at it may be hard to answer. From the 80's to mid 90's they are cored as most boats in that size range are ,including Tiara., Owned a 28' 1987 for 5 - 6 years and had a moisture meter on it before I sold it ,was dry as a bone and that was done while it was in the water..Unless someone started drilling holes in them and without properly sealing them you should be good to go , A survey in most cases will tell you the condition of the core. They run great in a following sea and plant themselves in the ditch like know other boat , do to the modest 11* deadrise . Now the trade off is in 3-4 waves and running into them , even with there deep bow they have a tendency to pound a bit over 20 mph. Usually dropping the trim tabs down will dampen that quite a bit. As far as design and layout it is the best I have ever seen. Every hatch is designed to make whatever your working on easy to get at. Slight crown in the deck and deep gutters around everything has water rolling off and nothing hitting the bilge.  The hull itself is built like a tank and all hardware is oversized and top of the line. Only reason it was sold was the need for more room under the hardtop when running bigger charters . Fighting deck was plenty big enough for that .

Edited by Bozeman Bob
  • Like 1

Im not looking at any particular year but i did see that one at krenzers. A sharp looking boat for sure. If the one at krenzers is structurally sound do you think $40,000 is a good price for that rig? I see alot of others online that are a little cheaper.

From what I read it's been a freshwater boat its entire life .Not sure what low hours mean but those engines should run 4 -6,000 hours with no problem. Dropping another engine in is about as easy as it can be on that boat That does add to the value compared to what you probably saw online which are saltwater boats. If that's the case you have to add in your time and money to look at one ,have it surveyed then pay to have it transported back. That alone may set you back 4-7,000 . What electronics ,as in up to date and fishing gear are on it and if you buy a boat not equipped what are you dropping $ on that ?  Is the boat worth it ? Only you can answer that . I think you would be best served by setting up a time and date to get on it ,look under every nook and cranny you can to see if it everything is in order. Turn off and on everything that has a switch to make sure all systems work. Then take it for a sea trial , drop it down to trolling speed out in the lake and see how she handles the ditch and waves from every direction ,think you will be pleasantly surprised. Then make your offer based on all the info you can gather ,good luck ! 

• Like 2

Im not looking at any particular year but i did see that one at krenzers. A sharp looking boat for sure. If the one at krenzers is structurally sound do you think $40,000 is a good price for that rig? I see alot of others online that are a little cheaper.

So Krenzer’s is brokering it for a guy on Sodus Bay. I have talked to Rick Hijecki about the boat, as I was looking for that size range this spring... (I settled on a 270 Amberjack from Michigan) but the boat is definitely well cared for. My buddy that I fish with has a 25’ Rampage that I love to fish on, so I knew I liked the boat and how it handles and rides in waves to 4-6’.... not that you want to always be out in that.

However, with all that being said, the boat has been on the market since ~ March and he has dropped the price from $46k (I believe) but I still think it’s not worth $39k. My opinion. But ya never know what someone will take until you make them an offer. Personally I think the boat is worth $30k... plus or minus.... but I have not actually crawled into it. So never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United